Chapter Sixteen

Aliza POV

Alex had him. Noah was tied down, not gonna move. Then he did.

One minute, his face was in the ground, and the next, he was up, racing towards me.

Candace ran. She probably thought, Oh Hell no! And booked it. I wish I could do the same, but I have a duty to protect her and stand by my mate. And that's what I did.

I stood there, even when Noah pulled out a knife and grabbed me. In my defense, I really didn't have time to react. Neither did anyone else.

Noah held the knife to my neck, and held my arm, before whispering in my ear, "One wrong move, and you're dead, baby girl."

I growled back, " I'm not your fucking baby girl."

He smiled like the true phsycopath he is. "I think you are, or else you'll die."

"You think I'm scared of death?"

Everyone stood, watching our encounter, waiting for a good time to butt in and save me.

"Everyone is scared to die." Noah kissed my cheek.

I internally gagged. "I'm not scared of death. I can't be. With how many people have sought to kill me, I have to be careful of what I'm afraid of, or else they'll feed off of it." I wasn't lying, either.

"I think your lying, baby."

"Look me in the eyes. Am I lying?"

He did as I said, and his eyes widened. "So I could just slit your throat right now, and you wouldn't be scared?"

"I'd be sad, but not scared. No."

Next thing I knew, Noah tightened his grip on both my arm and the knife. "You're lying!"

"I'm not, Noah. I'm serious. If you want to kill me, just do so. I'm. . .I'm tired to fighting." Tears sprang to my eyes. "I'm tired of being afraid, of having to watch my back. I've been through too much, and I haven't gotten much back, for all I have given. So. . .if you want to kill me, now's your chance."

Everyone stared at me, and, even when my voice was barely over a choked whisper, I knew they heard me. I could tell by the look in their eyes.

"Iz-" Dad began, but I gave him a look.

Everyone was quiet as I said the next thing. "Noah, just do it. Kill me. It's how things are supposed to be."

I closed my eyes as I felt him apply more pressure on the knife, and I felt more of the cool metal against the skin of my neck.

One minute, Noah held onto me, with the knife pressed to my neck, and the next, I felt him get pulled off of me and I fell.

Hands caught me, but I squeezed my eyes shut, tired of fighting and trying to save myself. I was done.

That is, until I heard the word, "Mommy!"

I opened my eyes and found my daughter running towards me. That's when I looked around. I saw Dad and Alex holding Noah down, and I felt Seth holding me. I also felt a stinging sensation in my left arm, so I looked and saw blood slowly trickling from a cut.

I smiled and laughed. Candace reached me and held onto me, saying how she loves me and never wants me to leave her.

Soon, the police came and they took Noah away, assessing my situation, before they left with him, and we were all left alone.

How much longer can I escape death?

* * *

Hey guys, I've decided to write a short story called, The 12 Days of Christmas.

Hope you all will read it. Love you!!!

~Peggy 💖