Chapter Three

Just wanna say, this book will have a lit of time skips, so please don't hate me, this is just a wrap up book more or less, focusing more on Aliza's personal life with her friends, brother, daughter, and mate.

* * *

Time Skip: from September to October 31st - Halloween

Alex, Seth, and I decided to take Candace trick or treating this year, even though she is too young to really go trick or treating.

My twenty-one year old brother, eighteen year old mate, and my sixteen year old self just want an excuse to dress up and go out, and get candy from adults, really.

We decided to dress up with a theme, which was, weirdly enough, as the cats from The Aristocats.

I was Dutchess, wearing white cat ears and a white tail, with a little cat nose and whiskers on my face with make up. Seth was Thomas O'Mally the alley cat, with orange ears and tail, and same face paint.

Alex was Scat Cat with his gray ears and tail, with a little red and white polka dot tie and tiny top hat.

Then Candace, she had on her little white ears and tail as Marie, with a pretty pink bow, which, instead of around her neck, we put on the tail, and she has a tiny bow clip in her hair.

She also endured the make up long enough for me to put on the nose and whiskers, and she seemed to kind of like the outfit I made her wear.

Once we were all ready, Seth grabbed the car seat and we went to Alex's car to drive to town. Candace's stroller was in the trunk, so I didn't have to carry her all night.

I got in the back with her while Seth was up front with Alex, and the radio was on playing spooky songs, which just helped us get more into the Halloween spirit.

"Maybe we should have chosen a different theme," Seth said halfway there.

"Why?" I asked.

"In the movie, Dutchess has three kittens. That means three kids to make the outfit work. But, you only have one baby."

"We could have gotten Trixie and Molly to participate," Alex said, snickering.

I smacked him before turning to Seth. "We did our best. It's fine."

He smiled and we were silent for the rest of the ride.

* * *

When we got to town, we got our bags, and Alex helped me with Candace. Once she was settled, we set off down the street.

We knocked on the first door. A woman in her mid thirties answered the door. "Trick-or-treat," the three of us called.

She looked at us weirdly. "Aren't you three a little too old for trick-or-treating?"

I gestured towards Candace in her stroller, looking, amazed, at everything around her. "It's my daughter's first Halloween."

"Oh!" She quickly brightened up. "Well here you go!" She gave us each a little candy, cooed at Candace, and we were on our way after telling her thank you.

This was the same for almost every house, some of them seeing Candace first, and some asking what our costumes are, some guessing.

It was over all a fun night, and I could look forward to doing this for at least the next eleven or twelve years, until Candace outgrows this.

But in reality, you never outgrow trick-or-treating. I mean, I'm sixteen, almost seventeen, and I still love doing so.

But Candace's first Halloween went good, now we just have to get through her first. . .everything else.

* * *

This is just a filler chapter, and this book will move kinda fast, from Thanksgiving to Christmas in just a few chapters. I am sorry to anyone this bothers.

~Peggy💖