Chapter Six

"Wake up, birthday girl," I heard a voice say as they shook me.

I opened my eyes to see Seth smiling down at me, before he placed Candace on my hip, since I was laying on my side in bed.

I groaned and rolled over as I adjusted my daughter so she wad sitting on my stomach, my hands holding her up.

She smiled at me as Seth sat beside my on the bed and rubbed my leg under the blanket. "You doing okay?"

I nodded. "You? You are the one who beat the shit out of the kid."

"Well, yes, but I was actually wondering about that feeling of doom. Is it gone? Or still there?"

"Still there. I don't think it's gonna go away."

"Well, ignore it just for today, because it is gonna be a good day! You, me, and Candace are going to McDonald's for your birthday brunch, then Alex wants to have a little part here, with your dad and all our friends, then we are gonna work on getting you into my small living area."

"Oh yeah! I forgot I was moving in with you today!"

Seth smiled and took Candace so I could get up and get dressed.

He sat on my bed, playing with my daughter as I grabbed my clothes and jumped into the shower, emerging from my bathroom about ten minutes later, ready to go.

Seth handed me my daughter, and we left, heading to his car, and heading towards McDonald's.

Lucky for him, I was hungry.

* * *

"Happy birthday to you!" Everyone finished singing as I blew out the candles on the cake Dad bought for my seventeenth birthday.

I smiled and watched Alex came to cut the cake.

He handed me a piece, before everyone else got theirs and we all went to sit down and eat out cake, while I gave Candace tiny bites. She enjoyed the cake very, very much.

It was all over her face, and she was grinning from ear to ear.

I smiled down at her, before Dad came over and sat beside me.

"Now, I'm proud of you, Iz, very proud, but I just want to make sure you understand that there better not be any funny business between you and Mr. Seth Jones. You hear me?"

"Dad! I have an almost six month old daughter. I don't think I'll be doing any funny business for a long time!"

"Good. That's all I ask." He stood and patted my Jean covered leg. "I gotta get going, all of Candace's things, and most of yours are in Seth living space. You can move the rest?"

"Of course. I'll see you Christmas break. Love you!"

"Love you too."

Dad left, and the rest of us celebrated a bit more, before everyone left, and Seth decided we should leave as well.

Alex looked sad that I was leaving, but he was over all okay with it, knowing that I was in good hands.

* * *

"Home sweet home," Seth announced as I entered our bedroom after putting Candace to sleep.

I smiled and looked around nervously. I wasn't used to sharing things with people, besides my family.

"You good, babe?" Seth asked as he rubbed my back.

I nodded. "Just. . .nervous. . .I guess. . .? I don't know. This is all new to me, Seth. I've never lived with a boyfriend before. Hell, I've never had a boyfriend before."

He smiled. "We'll get through it. There is nothing to be worried about, Iz. We are supposed to be together, so we'll get through it. We have to."

I smiled back. "Okay."

He kissed me, and it felt nice. Really nice.

I kissed him back, and the kisses got more intense by the minute. I sighed in contentment, and Seth chuckled, still kissing me.

I didn't mind though, not that I ever do.

It was nice to be kissed like that. Like I was the only thing that mattered.

And to Seth, maybe I am.

* * *

So. . .just so you know, no there will not be smut here. Nobody has wondered it so far, but just so you know.

I am very uncomfortable writing it. Hope you understand.

See you in Chapter Eight.

~Peggy 💖