Chapter Fifteen

Baby Candace POV

A/N: In this chapter, it will be in Candace's thoughts, but I will not use normal italicized font for it, since that would be too much. Just so you all know.

* * *

Momma told me to stay. Give the papers to Da, and Pa, and Alex. She might not come back.

I cried. I yelled. Da came in and asked me what was wrong. I cried more. They all came into the room.

I gave Da the papers and he gave one to Pa and Alex.

They read them and looked out the window.

Da then asked me if Mamma gave me the papers. I said yes and he took me from my crib.

We all went outside where I saw Momma and the new boy and a woman who looked like Alex.

She was pretty and my tummy didn't do funny things at the sight of her. She seemed okay.

Da put me down and I ran to Momma as Alex got new boy and Pa went to the woman.

They talked but I did not understand what they were saying.

"You told them I was dead?" She asked.

"You tried to kill my daughter?" He asked in return.

"I was mad."

"I was trying to not make everyone mad at me."

"I was."

"But you have no right. I told you why, and you agreed. I should be mad. You tried to kill my daughter and oldest son, and you killed my youngest son."

The woman got really mad. "You should have stayed with me."

"Why are you acting selfish?"

"Because I loved you! And I still do."

"I love you too, and if you can't tell, my mate is dead."

The woman just shook her head and said, "See ya around."

She left in a poof of smoke and Da called the police on new boy.

I looked at Momma and she just picked me up and held me. I love when she does that.

Momma told me that everything was gonna be okay, and we left it at that.

* * *

I hate this chapter.

But that's okay. We will live.

See you all in Chapter Seventeen.

~Peggy 💖