Chapter Seven

"Mamma," Candace wines from her room. "Mamma."

I groan and begin to get up, but Seth's arm around my waist stops me from getting up and checking on my daughter.

"I'll get her," Seth says as he gently pushes me back down on the bed, kissed my forehead, and goes to check on Candace.

I smile and watch him go to her room, happy he loves her as much as he loves me.

* * *

Seth POV

I walked into Candace's room to see her standing up in her crib, which wasn't unusual since she was an almost five month old child who has werewolf and vampire genes running through her.

I smiled at her as she smiled back. "Momma?" She asked, knowing I was not Iz and was wondering why I was the one to get her.

I laughed. "Momma's sleeping. I'm gonna take care of you, sweetheart."

She nodded and made grabby hands at me. I went over and picked her up before looking at the time on her little Tinkerbell alarm clock, and saw it was seven.

"You hungry, baby?" I asked Candace as she looked up at me from where I was holding her.

She was still young, but was now the size of a one year old. It had scared Aliza, so she took Candace to the doctor and he just said that with who Candace is, she will mature fast, up until she turns one.

She will stop growing in height, but he said she should be able to both walk and talk in more complete sentences by Christmas.

But we no longer cradle her like a little baby anymore, since she has enough muscles to hold up her head and she has been crawling for months.

Candace nodded at me, and I smiled before taking her to the little kitchen area, where we have a mini fridge stocked with food, and I pulled out Candace's baby food, since she does have teeth.

I make her her breakfast and go to the couch to feed her, giving her spoonfuls of the gooy substance.

She eats as much as she wants to, before she says, "Down please."

My eyes widen, but I still let her down, and she slides to the floor, still standing, and she grips onto my sweatpants to keep her standing as she looks up at me and holds one of her hands out.

"Hold please.

I'm still shocked, but I grab her hand and she lets go of my pants, taking a couple small steps away from me, going towards Iz and my room, pointing at it. "Momma."

I nod and stand up, taking a step forward as I watch Candace closely, seeing if she will fall. As I doing so, she wobbles a little, and I gently put one hand on her side, holding her up.

"Okay," she says once she tries to walk away and I don't let her.

I sigh and let her go. "You're doing a good job, but shouldn't we let Momma see this?"

She nods and I pick her up, walking into our room, where Iz is sitting up and smiling as we enter the room.

"That was cute," she says.

I chuckle. "Candace has something he wants to show you."

Aliza raises here eyebrow, still smiling as I put Candace on the floor and take her tiny hand, stay hunched over as she takes a few steps, walking closer to the bed.

"Let go," she said as she stopped and looked up at me. I did as the little girl asked and released her hand, watching as she took the last few steps up to the bed, where Aliza picked her up and held her close.

I smiled and climbed in next to them, rubbing Iz's back and kissing Candace on the head, and both of them smiled at me.

I smiled back, happy that all is good. . .for now.

* * *

Filler chapter at 8:30 in the morning on a Sunday. That is when I published this. Very productive, I know.

~Peggy 💖