𝐌𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐠𝐢-𝐃𝐨

Start from the beginning

"Okay" He mumbled and reached for it, but it went up.

"Weak!" Johnny said and it continued.

"That all you got Diaz?" Asteria asked.

"You too?" Miguel asked as he turned his head towards the girl who shrugged her shoulders.

He reached again, but didn't grab it and looked up at Johnny. "I thought you were the All Valley Champ?" Johnny said.

The magazine was dangling and Miguel used his arms to push himself up from the chair, and he used one hand to help him stand on his chair and his other to reach the magazine.

It was at his finger tips and he leaned a little forward and fell. "Miguel" Asteria said and rushed to him.

"I'm fine Ria" He mumbled and although Asteria was rather strong, she wasn't strong enough to lift him up.

Johnny rushed down and helped him into his chair. "I got you bud, here we go" He said and situated Miguel in his chair. "All right. Give me and minute and we'll go again" Johnny said and began thinking. "I still think I have my Vanna White Playboy. That'll get you going" Johnny said.

"Don't you get it? You can dangle a new PlatStation, I still wouldn't be able to stand up" Miguel said and rolled off.

Asteria and Johnny looked at each other. "I'll talk to him" She said and he nodded.

She went to his room where he was laying in his bed staring at the ceiling. "Hey, want some company?" She asked standing in his door way.

He nodded and scooted over for her to lay down next to him. The two didn't touch each other and just stared at the ceiling.

"Why are you still with me? I can't walk, I can barley stand, I'm crippled" Miguel said and Asteria tuned her head to look at him.

"Look at me" She said and he faced her. "I'm still with you because you were with me. When my mom was in the hospital, you stayed by my side. And I'm gonna do the same with you. Wheel chair or not, you're still Miguel Diaz. The guy I..." She paused. "The guy who I really care for" She said and he smiled. "Now come on. Sensei has some other stuff to try" She said and got up.

The three were outside listening to 80's music and Johnny was lighting something in fire in the grill. "You know why they call this a hibachi?" Johnny asked.

"They don't. It's a kettle grill" Miguel corrected.

"A hundred years ago in China, there was a tiny little village of dairy farmers. Living fat off their milk and cheese. When the drought came, they needed water form the river. None of the chinamen want to do their work" Johnny explained.

"No sure that's the appropriate term" Miguel said.

"China people, whatever. The point is, they were laying around in hammocks waiting for rain. So a wise man gathered up a bunch of twigs and stuffed it under each of the villagers while they slept. Know what he did then?" Johnny asked.

"Lit a fire under them?" Miguel asked.

"Exactly. That's where the expression comes from" Johnny said and kneeled next to Miguel. "Know what that wide mans name was?" Johnny asked.

"Hibachi?" Miguel asked.

"Damn straight" Asteria said, knowing he was wrong though.

"Expect that hibachis are firm Japan, not China, where there weren't many dairy farmers, historically, or hammocks. Think I'd fall for that?" He asked looking at Johnny and at Asteria.