Chapter Twelve : Hopelessly Devoted

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I love it. It looks great, Thomas." She's smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good with my hands." I wiggle my eyebrows and she nudges into me, shaking her head. "But I thought you might want somewhere to put your endless supply of books."

"Thank you." She rests her side into mine. I hook my arm, squeezing her around. "You didn't have to do that."

"You're welcome." We unthread ourselves from each other. "So did you get everything you needed?"

"Yeah, basically. How long do I have to get ready?"

"We'll probably get there for ten." I look at my watch. It's just gone seven. "So you've got ages. I might need you to help get my hair right though."

"Yeah I can do that!" She hauls her bags off the coffee table. "Let me know when you need me."

**

I sit on the couch, the protein shake I've just made beside me. I scroll through Netflix, trying to find a decent movie to put on to kill time before I need to get ready. I'm so glad Isabelle agreed to go as Sandy and Danny, partly because it means I won't have to dress up or anything. Also, it will be fun going with her.

In my pocket, my phone buzzes. Speaking of fun – a text from Cassidy pops up.

'Hi. I heard there's a party tonight. Will I be lucky enough to see you there?'

I smile to myself before typing out a reply.

'Yeah. I'm going with a few friends. What time are you getting there?'

I put my phone back down, focusing back on the endless list of options on Netflix. My phone vibrates after a minute.

'I've already started getting ready but planning on being there for 10:30.'

Before I have the chance to start typing a reply another text comes through.

'What are you going as?'

'I don't really like costumes and dressing up so I'm going as Danny from Grease.'

She's quick on the next reply.

'Oh wow. I could've gone as Sandy. That would've been hot.'

I mean, she's not wrong. We already know how good she looks with her usual blonde hair and makeup. Despite my best efforts, I can't imagine Isabelle the same way. She's the total opposite to Cassidy which can be seen as a good thing because it's common knowledge that Cassidy is short on fans.

'Yeah hahaha. What are you going as?'

'Currently dressed as an angel but not really sure if it suits me. No angel, am I?'

I smirk at the message, sitting myself up on the couch.

'Yeah you might be onto something there.'

This kind of back and forth flirting I used to find fun, harmless but now I can't help but have a shred of guilt running through me.

'Wanna see?'

I tilt my head, surprised. I'm not exactly sure how to respond. I start typing but am interrupted by a series of photos from her. The first two are mirror pictures, showing her full self in a white bodysuit with angel wings and a halo.

One of them shows the front, the next showing her ass which is exposed by the cut of her costume. I scroll onto the next one, chewing the inside of my mouth. It's a close up of her, in a different mirror. Her boobs spill out of the front of the outfit, not to my dismay. Her teeth are biting down on the tip of her finger, surrounded by a pair of large pink lips.