Chapter seven

A gust of air blew towards me as I entered the school doors, people socializing by the lockers. I walked to mines.

I opened it and got my books out. They were so heavy. I shut it, and was startled, I jumped. "Jeez you scared me!" I said to Liam. "Sorry, but I'm still waiting for that answer." He said jamming his hands in his front pockets. "To what question?" I started walking towards the library. He didn't talk until we got there. "I asked, in the car, when I picked you up, from the hospital, because you-". "I know just get to the point!" I cut him off. "I was wondering if-if you'd like to go to the dance with me tonight?" He waited for my answer, and he was nervous as if I was going to say no. Of course I am...going to say no. "No." I said opening one of my books and started reading the chapter I left off on. "Wh-what why?" He asked. I had to make up an excuse to not go with him. I liked him as sort of a friend maybe even less but, I could never go to a dance with one of my bullies. "Because I'm not going." The bell rang as I quickly packed everything and walked out of the library, towards my class. I forgot though, I had them in my classes.

I groaned as everyone started filing into class, I opened my note book and started sketching a wolf. I don't know why but I like wolves. They just seem so majestic to me.

I felt someone sit next to me, not a stranger, I looked up and tensed. "Hi Alana." He said tapping his pen on his jawline. "Get away tanner." I rolled my eyes as I close my notebook and face the front of the class. "I would, but I can't. You see, you have this aroma that just send tingles down my spine." He tried saying it seductively. Girls glared at me. They hate me. I scooted away from him, "if you're trying to recite Shakespeare, I suggest you start actually reading it." I said annoyed. "Well aren't you just fire." He said laughing and facing the front. I rolled my eyes, and I mentally killed him in my head three times. Correct that, three million times. I hope this fucking class is done or I will attempt to kill myself again. But I remember! I still have them in most of my classes! Ugh! Whateven.

School was finally over! Thank god! And I managed to avoid every one of the boys I hate. I managed to get home safely too.

I looked at my clock and saw that the dance starts in four hours, four hours to get ready. I slept for an hour, and had a small snack-does two pancakes, pb&j, and a whole bag of chips count as a snack? I think so. I got up and headed into the shower.

Once I finished showering I did my hair, I loose curled it and let it fall onto my shoulders and back, while putting my black dress on, and dancing a bit, then my heels. I just needed to do my make up. Red lipstick, and mascara. Not much, I like it that way.

I looked in my mirror. This isn't the girl that got beat anymore. This is a girl who looked different, and wanted to just get away from things. I looked at my clock, it was five-fifty. Ten minutes before the dance actually started. I sat on my bed doing nothing, waiting for the six o'clock because that's when the doors actually open. My feet started cramping as I rested on my bed. And then I fell asleep.

I woke up suddenly remembering the dance. I looked at my clock, it was seven-thirty. The dance finishes at 9. I quickly looked at myself before heading out the door, and headed to the dance.

I parked and walked up to the gym doors. The music was loud, and I heard a lot of people in there. I took a deep breathe and walked in. The music booming, people dancing, some sitting on the bleachers alone, that's where I should be. And some people sitting down at tables, enjoying drinks and socializing. I looked around, I spotted Chris and Caleb dancing with two other twins, tanner and another girl dancing. But I didn't see Liam or Xavier.

Someone touched my shoulder and I immediately turned around. "I thought you weren't coming to the dance?" Liam asked. I shrugged. "Changed my mind." I said. "So how about that question, yes or a no?" Is he really? "I'm already here, why are you still asking?" I shot back. "Because being here physically has nothing to do with that question. Answering it, and making someone feel giddy inside because you said yes is what matters." He smirked. I couldn't help but smile. "Aren't you just full of facts." I said scrunching my nose up and bopping his nose as if he were a baby. "What can I say?" He said lifting both his hands up. We laughed.