Nozel Silva - Father To Be

Thank you for requesting, love! ♡

Man's a lil ooc, forgive me

Nozel x Pregnant!Reader

° • ° . .. .. 。・° • ° ・。 .. .. . ° • °

Double, Triple, Quadruple checking the unborn baby's expansive nursery, his brows were scrunched together, his thin lips pulled into a taut line as he paced. He was anxious, which was completely normal for a first time parent, but you could tell there was something else eating away at him just from the vibe he gave off.

"Nozel sweetie, come sit next to me."

He blinked, visibly relaxing as his gaze moved from the soft blue cradle to your smiling face. When he finally walked over to the mattress, he placed a single hand on your round belly. After a few minutes he inched closer, moving to rest his head on your shoulder.

"Do you think...that I'll be a good father?"

You crane your neck in attempt to look at him but he burrows his heated face into the side of your neck as you do, something he only did when he was truly worried about something. You hum softly, placing your hand atop his.

"Where is this coming from, love?"

"Well, as you know...," he started after a moment, pausing briefly,"My siblings and I aren't...particularly close. And I admittedly treated Noelle very poorly in the past...with all that in mind, it just concerns me, taking on the roll of a father when I couldn't even manage to be a proper older brother..."

You could hear the self-loathing in his voice as he spoke and you frowned before sighing, squeezing his hand with your own for reassurance.

"The fact that you can acknowledge what you did was wrong is a step in the right direction, believe it or not. And you're working on bettering your relationship with them, aren't you? That's progress too! Honestly, I think you're being way too hard on yourself."

He finally raises his head, taking a moment to admire your heartened smile. You take the opportunity to peck his lips.

"You're going to be a great father, Nozel."

"How can you be so sure...?"

You shrug with a laugh,"I don't know, just am."

He snorts, breaking character and chuckling softly at your nonchalance.

"Your faith in me is a little worrisome...but greatly appreciated. Thank you, (Name)."

Wrapping his free arm around you, he pulled you in close, planting a kiss on your temple.

"Of course love, anytime. Now uh...", he raised a brow ,"Could you please help me up? I've had to pee for the last 10 minutes now-"

Swiftly but gently, he moved to grab your hands with his, shaking his head slightly with a small smile. If nothing else, this would be a gratifying experience, for the both of you.

° • ° . .. .. 。・° • ° ・。 .. .. . ° • °

Cause I feel like everyone gets at least a little anxious when it's about that time and the ever rational and collected Nozel is no exception!