Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Meeting The Devil IncarnateSophia Crawford

Sophia Crawford

I was focusing on the mathematical posters on the Math class’s walls when the bell for the very first period of today started to ring. The noise echoed throughout the halls, making the walls shiver and my ears ring, but it didn’t take too long for the ringing to stop which I was grateful for. I don’t want to have a full on mental breakdown in front of everyone, including Mr Yuri.

Seeing the crowds of people in the hallway scrambling to get to their first class of today, I was relieved to have been seated already. It’s a stampede out there with the many students trying to rush into Mr Yuri’s class, and the others were trying to find their seats before someone snatches it from them.

I can just imagine the trouble I would’ve endured if I didn’t come to class early enough like I did—I would have been stepped on like I was some piece of candy wrapper lying on a sidewalk.

The students scurried to their seats like they were ants in a colony.

Mr Yuri only shook his head, looking at the chaos outside and in his classroom.

A girl with curly golden brown hair stumbles into the class. She nearly dropped the books she had propped beneath her arm, but luckily she managed to not drop anything in the process. She survived the chaos, barely.

I chuckle to myself when she wiped her eyebrow with the back of her hand dramatically and blowing out a breath through her warmed and pink cheeks.

As the last of the students made their way to their seats, I open my book and stare at the Math problems Mr Yuri started to write on the whiteboard in front of him with a black marker.

Mr Yuri looked like your typical math teacher—black hair, glasses, a long-sleeved shirt with a red dotted tie, and a black pair of tailored trousers. He was young, and by the looks of the ring on his finger, he was married too.

Not that I cared, though.

It was interesting to know that Mr Yuri had a life outside of this classroom, and every single student inside this classroom had a life of their own, too.

The chair beside me scrapes against the ground and the same girl who stumbled into the classroom not long ago plops into the seat, throwing her books down onto the table in front of her, causing a loud thump.

She sighs heavily. “I can’t believe I survived that stampede,” another breath explodes from her mouth, “it’s always a damn stampede on a Monday.” She shakes her head and tucks a beautiful curl behind her pierced ear.

“Luckily I was seated before the bell rang. I don’t think I would have survived it.” I chuckle nervously, letting my hair fall to my face to hide the scar across my cheek so she won’t notice it.