I landed harshly on my butt with a loud THUD as I watched the trio walk in the opposite direction to do who knows what. I guess that they decided to show MERCY just this once? I bet they're saving energy for my beating tomorrow...

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the thought of tomorrow; I better start practicing more on my magic if I want to hide the oncoming injuries that I'll receive.

"𝗛𝗲𝘆! 𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻, 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁?"

I flinched at the sudden bubbly voice as I turned to see Nightmare's brother, Dream, running up to me. Only giving a nod in confirmation, I stayed silent as he questioned "𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲?"

I was starting to feel uncomfortable around him as I tried to inch my way around the bubbly skeleton while whispering, "Yes..."

There was an awkward silence for a moment before he commented, "𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁, 𝗵𝘂𝗵?"

I stayed silent just to prove a point as he finally relented while giving a nervous chuckle, "𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗜 𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿? 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗻!" With that said he ran off as I gave an annoyed huff.

I don't care if he's the Guardian of Positivity! That doesn't give him the excuse to leave Nightmare to protect the tree alone! If Dream was with Nightmare more often, he would finally know how everyone treats him! But instead he continues to be irresponsible and oblivious and goes around to spread positive energy where ever the townsfolk leads him. I can't help but feel disappointed in the bright Guardian since he doesn't seem that bad of a person. Shaking myself out of my roaming thoughts I start to jog in the direction of my friend.

As soon as I reached the top of the hill, I was greeted by the welcoming face of Nightmare. I couldn't stop the bright smile forming on my face as my jog turned into a full on sprint until I tackled him into a hug. I nuzzled my face into his clothes as his familiar smell of old books, crisp apples, and the cool night air began to calm my beating heart.

He chuckled while he greeted, "Hey, Starlight! What have you been up to?"

I only shrugged as I replied, "Nwothing mwuch..." I looked up at him as I then apologized, "I'm sowy I wasn't hwere yestwerday, Nwighty! Mama had me trwainimg my mwagic..."

His purple eye lights turned into stars in excitement, "Oh? How'd you do?"

Jumping in place from my own excitement, I rambled "Mama said thwat I am doing quite well fwor a begwinner! She started to tweach me the bwasics of hwealing mwagic! Now I can mwake my hands grow gweener much....longer..."

I slowly looked down at my hands as suddenly I started to see flashes of purple liquid run down them like when I held... Nightmare's... head... that time...

Before I knew it my breathing became labored and it got hard to breath...

☽NIGHTMARE'S POV☽

"Raven?"

I leaned down on one knee to get to her height when I noticed that her hands were shaking and her breathing became labored; she was starting to get into a panic attack! I quickly grabbed her hands as I coaxed, "Raven, look at me!"

She slowly looked up with wide dilated eyes, I continued "What ever you see, it's not real! I'm here and in one piece! So breath with me, ok?!"