The dangers mentioned, the risks affecting their pregnancy and health listed out there, were all happening in the present. And as the practical man he was, he couldn’t simply say that it would all get better.

Like any other helpless heart there, he was hoping for a miracle.

The operation theatre doors opened.

Taehyung’s bent head swiftly turned around. His eyes were in a frenzy searching for his omega but there was only the intern doctor from before. Their eyes met at once but the other tore his hesitant ones away to Namjoon who ran to him.

He pushed himself off the ground but Jin stopped him.
Grunting at him he tried pulling away from the grip.

Jin shook his head.

“Why are you stopping me?”, Taehyung’s lips quivered.

The elder swallowed hard. His parental instincts refused to let his son walk towards anymore pain.

“It’s about Jimin. They are talking about Jimin, dad. I need to go!”, he beseeched yanking his hand away.

“Taehyung, stop. Don’t-“

“Jimin is my omega!”, Taehyung growled. His eyes carrying no sanity at the moment. That was enough to explain why he would choose the pain even a thousand times.

The father couldn’t speak further.

He ran towards the closing doors behind which the doctor disappeared around the corner leaving behind his hesitation to Namjoon.

Taehyung banged on the glass doors struggling to move it apart. Running to the sides he pressed on the switch incessantly while grumbling, “Why won’t it open?”

“Taehyung, stop it”, Namjoon called him.

But the boy turned a deaf ear to his father and went on to hitting the switch harder, “I want to see him. I need to see my omega”

“Jimin will be fine! Stop hurting yourself, Taehyung!”, Namjoon turned his adamant son by his shoulder to face him.

Both heaved in anger at each other. Rather than anger it was just frustration from realizing how weak they were.

“But he is not fine now, is he?”, Taehyung’s eyes were wide and demanding. Like he was losing it.

“It’s not like-“

“Don’t lie to me! I know he is not well”

Namjoon’s swallowed hard, “It’s nothing like-”

“It doesn’t feel right”, Taehyung mumbled holding his chest, “It doesn’t feel strong anymore. It’s like it’s…”

His fingers crushed the fabric over his chest where the widening emptiness ripped apart the strings holding him together.

“..it’s fading”

The bond, the memories, the connection and his present. Everything fell apart like a collapsing sea, engulfing his hope between the cracks.

“I need to see him”, he turned to the door and not even his father stopped him then.

Namjoon held his throbbing forehead looking away.

Taehyung hit the glass, “Open the door!”

Soon he was banging on them with a relentless force and alarming shouts.

“You can’t leave me hanging here after saying something like that. Let me in!”

The family sobbed helplessly unable to witness their boy going berserk over his dying omega. It was not like they could stop him. They didn’t have the strength in them and they didn’t want to either.