"Come on man we're going to be late".

"You're a prince William the restaurant won't mind".

"I do, I don't like using my position for stupid things like that".

Giovanni was a former polo player turned businessman he thinks because of his money and fame. He should be treated differently to other people. I love him to death but he's wrong everyone should be treated with dignity and respect even his billionaire behind.

We arrive at the upmarket Italian restaurant and I order a scotch on the rock. I see Giovanni looking around the room till he catches a woman's eye. "Let's just eat ok I'm starving".

"There's no harm in looking till the food comes. Do you see that she just winked at me".

I roll my eyes at Giovanni and look through the menu I decide to get the lobster bisque for dinner with fresh bread.  Giovanni puts his order in and leaves the table.

I text Debbie about my date asking her what I should wear. She text back jeans and a blue shirt as it will make my eyes pop. I silently laugh as that's exactly what I was wearing.   Giovanni comes back to the table looking disappointed, "How do you do it William she just wanted to know if you were single. You've not looked at her once and as good looking as I'm she only sees you".

"She sees my title not me I could look like Quasimodo and she would still want me. Women like that are no good they only see my title or your money. If we were to lose either one they would disappear in an instant".

He looks at me angrily at first then he softens,  "William please make sure you have the second date with Eva plan out. So you can ask her out on a second date at the end of the first".

"I'm too busy thinking of what to say on the first date to think about asking for the second date".

"Look mate you've know this girl for a long time just be yourself with her. And stop going over what you want to say to her. Everything will be fine trust me you're not going to mess tomorrow up. I know how long you've wanted to wife her up remember".

"Thanks man".

The food comes and I make a start on it while thinking about the first time I met Eva. She was wearing shorts and a e=m c squared t-shirt. She and my cousin was arguing over who was better looking Denzel Washington or the star of Luther which they were watching at the time. I watch them argue for a while before clearing my throat to make my presences known. When I was introduced to her I actually stammered.

I left Giovanni at the restaurant and drive myself home. I know you're thinking he's drinking and driving my scotch on the rock was actually fizzy water. I didn't touch any alcohol the truth is I go there a lot so the staff knows I mean tonic water. It was drilled into me from I was very young don't drink when you go out with friends. Stay sober and you stay in control. If I'm with family and we're going home together it's fine to get drunk with them. Why because they will look after you.

I get home and change into pyjamas then turn the tv to the nightly news. My phone rings it's my older sister Emma. I swipe the green button to answer.

"Hey Ems what's up?"

"Are you busy tomorrow because I want to invite you to a party I'm having".

"Sorry Ems I have plans I can't change".

"You mean won't".

"Emma you're not even giving me 24hrs notice of this party. I'm sorry tomorrow is too important to me to cancel it".

"I'm your sister".

"Whom I love but I'm not changing my plans for you, I'm sorry", she starts to cry.

I hang up on her it may seem cruel to you but ever since Victoria started darting Diego. I've noticed some changes in Emma. When Victoria got engaged then married to Diego and became a crown princess. Emma's behaviour changed from the dependable Emma of old to a whinny person I don't recognise. I even saw her with our mother once, it was on the day the palace send out a press statement. That my new official home would be the palace that grandpa moved out of to live with my uncle and his great grandchildren.

Since my children would be prince and princesses and my uncle only had one grown up child. It was decided my family would be very important for the monarch's continuation. Unless Emma marries a prince her children wouldn't get the HRH title and her husband wouldn't get a HRH title either. So technically she would be the only one doing engagements in her family. She was livid when the changes were announced. She thought it unfair that even though dad wasn't in the direct line of succession. I as a son was given preferential treatment over her.

The truth is I think there was another reason that rule was made that I'm not aware of. I did tell my uncle about seeing Emma with our mother. How she can stand to be around her after what she did to Victoria is beyond me".