Fear Factor

"what is your biggest fear?" I ask out of curiosity. Demi and I hadn't been talking. She just sat between my Leah's and laid on my chest while I was laying on the couch.

"Spiders." She says immediately."there are so many that could do so much damage with just one bite. Probably why I hate snakes too. What about you?"

"Heights."

"How can that be your biggest fear? You can't even see the drop."

"I can feel it. Not being able to see makes the fall feel farther." I shutter just at the thought. Sometimes I wake up sweating from having a nightmare about falling into a never ending decent.

"You ok? Do you want to talk about something else? Like favorite and least favorite movies or something." I just nod my head and gesture for her to start.

"My favorite is mean girls. The first one. My least favorite is idiocracy because it was so bad it gave me a headache."

"I agree. But my my favorite is probably Silver Linings Playbook or Pay It Forward. Even if it makes me cry. My least favorite is Alice In Wonderland."

"What?! How can someone not like Alice in Wonderland!" She asks rhetorically. She flips herself to look at me, her chin resting on the center of my chest.

"She falls down the rabbit hole. Key word in that sentence is fall." She laughs really hard but I think that is very unfair. I didn't laugh at her fear of insects. Then I get an idea. I'll have to get Dylan's help.

"So If I took you skydiving.."she says implying for me to to finish her sentence.

"We would no longer be acclaimed with each other." She laughs but stops suddenly.

"I have to go." She sighs. " I have studio time in an hour."

"Want me to drive you?"

"Thanks, but I think I'll pass." She laughs."byè Natie." She kisses my forehead and I hear my front door open and close.

I called Dylan and waited three rings before he picked up.

"Hello?" He asks

"Dylan, it's Nat. Look at the caller id. I need you to help me with a prank."

"How so?"

Dylan was great at pranks. In high school, we snuck into the men's room and put tampons out of there plastic packaging. Ten we dropped beef blood from last nights diner at Dylan's house. Half an hour later, we checked and found Aiden on the brink of tears in the corner.

"Spiders." I say

"Really or fake?"

"Both."

Three hours later, Dylan picked me up and we put 30 fake and 10 real spiders in Demi's bathroom. We got in with her hidden key. Dylan found her schedule and we hid in the coat closet for ten minutes until she came home. We heard her open the bathroom door and scream in terror. Dylan pushed us back as the coat closet door opened and she screamed again.

"Oh my god Nat and Dylan I'm going to kill you two! I'm so re hiding the spare key." She yelled, sounding genuinely pissed.

"I'm sorry."I didn't sound serious though, I was laughing hysterically.

"Your ass is mine, foster! Yours to Hockward!" Demi yelled to us. "Now pick this shit up.

Demi had refused to show any affection as punishment until the drive to where she was taking me.

"Did you ever learn to swim?"

"Not really." I said honestly.

"Then you'll experience two new things today." I didn't like how she said it. She sounded like Dylan.

The car stopped and Demi explained to me that she handed me a bikini to put on instead of undergarments. She took my hand and we walked a small path before a man spoke.

"Hey Demi, ready to start?" He asked

"Yeah. Natalie, this is Brian, he's my friend and is helping me with this ok?"

"Ok. But-"

"Don't ask, just do." Demi interrupted.

Brian tied a rope like thing to my ankles. Then Demi moved me to a edge. I was insanely uneasy about this. The sound of rushing water over rocks filled my ears as an intense breeze hit my face made me want to scream. This was a bridge.

"Demi?" I called nervously.

"You'll be fine, I promise." She reassured me.

Then she pushed me.
----------------------------------------------happy super bowl Sunday. Vote and comment