Twenty Three

Chapter 23

'Euphoria'

Warning; This chapter contains mature scenes!!!

Ok so this chapter is pretty long, almost 6000 words, but everything needed to be in one chapter to make sense.

Anyways, enjoy <3

4.27 AM

I opened my eyes in the middle of the night, even though I was really comfortable. I found Draco spooning me, with him being the big spoon.

We were laying on the soft, warm carpet in front of the fireplace.

His hand was placed around my waist, touching the skin underneath my sweater. I could feel his soft hair brushing the back of my neck.

I decided to go back to sleep in his warm embrace, but before I could close my eyes completely, they shot open again from a ticking sound at the window.

I didn't think much of it, but after 3 more ticks, I decided to go look.

As much as I loved his arms around me, I carefully lifted his arm off me, trying to not wake him up.

I slowly stood up and looked down at him as a smile appeared on my face. I love watching him sleep, he looks so peaceful.

Yet another tick on the window pulled me out of my trance, my eyes shot at the window on the other side of the room.

I grabbed a blanket and carefully covered Draco underneath it and walked over to the window.

With every step I got closer, finally starting to see what was making that sound. It was a white snow owl, ticking on the window with his beak.

This wasn't just an owl, I knew him just too well.

'Hedwig.' I whispered as I pulled the window up. Harry's owl was holding a letter in his beak.

I thanked him as I grabbed the letter with my thumb and index finger.

The bird nodded and waited for me in the opening of the window.

I sat down at an expensive looking desk and took the letter out of the envelope. This must be from Harry.

My hands unfolded the letter and I started reading it.

Dear Amelia,

I hope this letter finds you well, I hope you're ok. I don't know what happened to you after the attack from the snatchers in the woods, we're worried about you; I'm worried about you.

I don't agree with what you did; taking them all on your own. Despite that, I wanted to thank you, you saved me. Not just me of course, you saved Hermione and Ron.