Twenty one

Chapter 21

'Cuts and Bruises'

She was trying to walk away and hold on at the same time.

That's the mind at war with the heart.

Tom Riddle.

I was about to see Tom Riddle after all these years. After regret, pain and betrayal.

That's not his name anymore, it has changed and so is he.

I was being forced into the Malfoy Manor, not knowing what will happen.

The memories of my first time here with Draco came across my mind as I locked my eyes on the living room.

There were death eaters everywhere, surrounding me.

I began to see the darkness that he was talking about, how this house isn't a home.

Draco was the only one, who looked different than any of them.

The looks on their faces, everything about them. It gave away how proud they must be to be a follower of Riddle.

The 'pride' that comes with the dark mark, it was filled in their eyes.

How could you be proud to serve a person who is wrecking other people's lives? But of course, they didn't know Tom like I did.

It doesn't matter that he changed his name.

It doesn't matter that he follows a different path.

The monster that he pretends to be now, I believe it is not real.

I am the only one who always saw right through him, and I am sure I still do.

Riddle once told me; 'There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.'

I never thought of it that way.

Too much power makes you weak, it drives you insane. You are going to be thrown away so far from yourself at one point, that you may never find yourself again.

You will lose yourself, that's what happened with Riddle.

If you lose yourself, you will lose everything.

I collapsed on the living room floor as one of the snatchers pushed me.

They had taken my wand and I was surrounded.

They made me feel small, they made me feel weak.

The feeling I hated the most.

'So, what's your name darling?' One of the snatchers said while looking down at me with a smirk.

I didn't answer, I was concentrating on the living room, trying to find a way to escape.

'Bloody rude now, are we?'

'I'll start to make it easier for you, my name is Scabior.' He added.

There was this moment of silence. I had no desire to answer him or to even look at him.

I was disgusted.

'ANSWER ME!' he yelled suddenly, pointing his wand at my face.

I looked up at him out of shock as my body was shaking and the front pieces of my dark blonde hair had fallen over my eyes.

'Scabior, you know we can't kill her till the Dark Lord tells us we can.' One of the death eaters said as he stepped forward, reaching for Scabior's wand and pulling it slowly away from my face.