Chapter 46, The Epiphany of Death

Start from the beginning

I have always loathed the nights, which I spend alone. With no one to call my own, no one was left to fill in the continuously  growing cavity in my heart.

"The void in my heart, which is due to your absence would sometimes become unbearable...mother, father", I inform, the sight of me was overwhelming for them as well. Their was a distant voice which seemed to emanate from Orochimaru, but I was too focused on my parents' faces. Busy trying to match who I resemble the most.

"Dog"

"Darling, you look exactly like your father", mother remarked, her eyes teary.

"But it's clear that she got your temper, Ichiko", father said.

Hayate and Ichiko...I'm their daughter, they are my parents...

"You've grown up so much", father smiles, tears streaming down his face.

My feet began to hasten, my heart was skipping several beats at a time.

"Horse"

"Hanabi, we love you with every bit of our hearts", mother says, making my eyes bleary.

"And don't forget to take care of yourself, I'm sure you'll find someone to fill the void. And I'm sorry, sorry for not being there...", father's blue eyes looked exactly like mine, "but I hope you forgive me because I will never get a chance to be there..."

"No"

"Dear, whatever it is that awakened your Sharingan..", mother began, wiping away her tears, "we want you to remain strong".

"we want you to know two things...", she said, making me hold my breath from anticipation.

My eyes darted over to my father as he spoke, "first, you are the daughter of two formidable shinobi, who fought bravely in the Third Ninja War.."

"And second", my mother cut him off. Then they exchanged a glance and said their last words in unison, "we love you with every bit of our heart..."

"Tiger"

My feet had began to involuntary run, but I wasn't as fast as usual. Tears had blurred my vision as I sprinted towards them, heading for one hug. Only one, and I wouldn't ask for anything else.

"No!", I cried out loud, my plea echoing along the walls, "don't leave me!".

"Release!", Orochimaru's voice had cut through my thoughts and notions. My eyes had widened in horror when their bodies began flaking away, their souls being carried upwards by forces bigger than us.

I was too late. I didn't get the one hug I so desperately wanted to savor for the lonely nights. By the time I'd sprint and engulfed them in a hug. The only thing that I was hugging were two dead corpses, which belong to two unfamiliar faces.

I'd leapt away in horror, then fell on my knees again.

"We love you with every bit of our heart..."

"Damn you!", I pounded a fist in the ground and cried uncontrollably, "I hate you!", I screamed at Orochimaru and lunged in his direction with fury.