Six

The last half of Yoongi's second day didn't go so well. At all.

  He was walking to the cafeteria a little later than everyone else because he had to speak to a teacher about something, being a new student and all. Yoongi had a lot of questions. So when he was finally done, he walked back to the cafeteria alone, a big mistake.

  He thought he was alone.

  The hallways were empty, quiet. Everyone was either gone to buy their own lunch or in the cafeteria. So when someone appeared in the hallway, Yoongi was fully aware. He watched as the person walked out from the men's restroom. Watched as the tall, slightly muscular guy looked at Yoongi.

  Yoongi saw it. He saw the piercing gold in his eyes. An Alpha. Not just any Alpha, though. The bright gold in his eyes is what Yoongi grew slowly terrified of. This Alpha is in rut. And he was walking towards Yoongi.

  Instantly, Yoongi cursed out into the hallway. The school usually has monitors and makes sure that heats and ruts are controlled, making the students go home before the time comes, giving them a few days to fully come back to their senses and let their pheromones die off. But here's an Alpha in the school hallway, his eyes glowing and obviously already fully into the last phase of his rut.

  All he needs is an Omega.

  And Yoongi tried to look for an escape, but the school is so big that all around him was lockers and a door on the far right of the hallway, right where the Alpha was. Before Yoongi could even think fast enough to run, the unconscious Alpha already had him pinned to the locker aggressively.

  The Alpha gripped tightly onto Yoongi's hips and pressed against him, clearly needing to get off somehow. He sighed in relief as he pressed against Yoongi, but Yoongi's stomach twisted in anger and fear as the Alpha held him in place. The Alpha tried to kiss Yoongi, but Yoongi moved, earning a kiss on his upper jaw. Annoyed, the Alpha leaned into Yoongi's neck, searching for his scent gland there.

  Yoongi reached up and smacked the Alpha hard on the side of his head.

  "Don't you fucking dare try and bite me there, you horny bastard." He hit the Alpha again, earning a harsh squeeze on his waist that would probably leave a bruise, making Yoongi whimper at the pain. The Alpha had no clue what he was doing, the Alpha instincts taking over his body. This is what Yoongi hates about Alphas, and even Omegas. They never know what the fuck they're doing. They're never in control during heat or ruts.

  The Alpha said nothing, only licked at Yoongi's scent gland. The Omega shivered, usually wanting an Alpha's touch, but this time the shiver was unhealthily bad. As if his body was absolutely dying, his bones hurting and his whole body becoming weak.

  "You fucking idiot." Yoongi tried to push him away. "Get the fuck off of me now."

  Suddenly the Alpha's head was reared back, an unexpected growl leaving his throat as he was pulled away from Yoongi. His arm was pulled back and Yoongi slowly sank to the floor in defeat as he watched someone from behind the Alpha push his arm into his back, pushing his arm up and earning another growl.

  "What the fuck is happening?"

  Yoongi looked up at the person, the voice familiar. Jungkook pressed the Alpha into the locker with his face squished into it. He nearly wanted to cry, seeing Jungkook there.

  "He's rutting." Jungkook said to himself. The Alpha freed himself from Jungkook, glaring into his eyes before pushing Jungkook back off of him harshly. Instantly, Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed as he glared hard back at the Alpha, his own eyes turning a shade of goldish brown as he pushed the Alpha back into the locker, standing his ground and letting the sound of skin hitting metal fill the hallway.

  The Alpha narrowed his eyes, but tried nothing else. He quickly turned around and stormed off down the hallway. He was letting the True Alpha have his way.

  Maybe Yoongi can see why people are scared of Jungkook. But for a good cause. He thought that Jungkook was going to just walk away and say nothing, but then he sighed to himself as he crouched down to Yoongi's level.

  "You.. Are you okay?" He asked. Yoongi wanted to shake his head. He wanted to go and beat the living shit out of the Alpha that just got away. "Did he..." Jungkook glanced down at Yoongi's neck, then down further to check on Yoongi, but all the Omega could do was cover himself. "He's rutting. I need to go find his ass and force him to go home before he does anything to anyone else." Jungkook lifted himself up onto his feet and reached his hand down to Yoongi, offering it.

  Yoongi glanced up at him.

  He eventually took his hand, immediately feeling a lot more safe now that the Alpha was gone. Jungkook pulled him to his feet and left with only a glance at the Omega.

  Did that Alpha smell Yoongi's scent? Why did he go for him like that? Is it because it was the first person he saw? What if Yoongi was an Apha? Would he have done that?

Either way, that sucked.

  What if Jungkook hadn't saved him?

-

  The next time Yoongi saw Jungkook, it was awkward. It was in their last class. Jungkook sat behind Yoongi again, silent unlike yesterday. And no matter how much Yoongi hates it, he realized something. Something that was itching him for the rest of the day. It was making him question what to do.

He never thanked Jungkook.

It seems a little silly, how much it bothers Yoongi. He seriously was thankful that Jungkook was there to save him from the Alpha. And nobody else had been talking about the incident today, so obviously Jungkook didn't tell anyone. Only he and Yoongi know about it. Yoongi did hear about the loose Alpha being sent back home, though.

Yoongi wanted so badly to turn around in his desk and just offer a short, sweet thanks.

So he did. He turned around in his desk, ignoring Namjoon's glance and Taehyung as he raised his head to look curiously at Yoongi. He looked into Jungkook's eyes, his eyes searching Yoongi's in confusion as he scratched his neck awkwardly, now feeling awkward.

"Thank you for earlier." Yoongi whispered, trying his best to look sincere.

Jungkook merely sunk into his desk seat as Taehyung eyed them. For some reason it seemed like Jungkook didn't want to mention earlier just as much as Yoongi didn't.

"Yeah.." He mumbled.

As Yoongi turned back in his seat, he smiled in content to himself. Even after Jungkook saw Yoongi so weak and very Omega-like, Jungkook still wasn't questioning him. And Yoongi seriously can't find it in himself to fear the Alpha. Even as students were on full alert when Yoongi was near Jungkook, Yoongi couldn't seem to understand why they thought the Alpha was mean. He fucking saved Yoongi from an Alpha in rut today.

He's heard stories of Alphas ganging up on Omegas all the time. Jungkook could have easily done that. Jungkook could have easily left Yoongi to the Alpha.

How did Jungkook find him?

Where did he come from? Yoongi doesn't even remember seeing him in the hallway. And Yoongi's promise to himself to keep out of trouble with him was just absolutely out of the picture now. So now he'll stay out of trouble. He'll be extra careful.

No more slip ups.

~