Bestie

"Detective Villa, get UP" Maya and Vic shouted while banging on her door. Annalise practically fell out of her bed when she tried to stand up.
"I thought you weren't mad" she popped her head out.
"We are happy for you, we are just teasing you, Jack is the one that is mad, but he likes you so…" Groaning Lis made her way to the kitchen, taking a box of Lucky charms and hopped onto the counter. 
"Todayyyy is your first day…" travis came in.
"Yuuuuup, Rosie will pick me up in 40 minutes" she said, shoving a handful of cereal in her mouth.
"Yeah well, we're on shift so, good luck we love you, have a nice day" Vic said kissing her cheek and the three firefighters left. Shortly after there was a knock on the door. "Rosie what are you doing here…."she looked at the clock "35 minutes earlier?"
"Just came to see how are you doing….you're still in your pajamas?" "Duuuh! It's 7.30am, I just got up" she rolled her eyes. "Oh really, I got up 2 hours ago, went for a run, drank green smoothie, planned lunch-"
"Planned lunch?" She looked at him confused.
"Yeah I wanna take you out at noon, nothing fancy, Italian, I know you love it" 
"Yeah I do" she smiled cheekily and he followed. For a brief second their eyes met and their smiles grew bigger. 
"I am going to get changed and put on some makeup, you stay here" she put a hand on his chest and started walking backwards, then with a wink she ran up to her room.
"You know you are beautiful without makeup right?" He asked her when he climbed the stairs to her room, to find her fully dressed in a white shirt and grey washed jeans, her hair in a bride, a few strains of hair let out so it looks more casual, applying brown lipstick to match her neutral look. She smiled, but didn't say anything, after she put highlighter she turned around.
"Maybe, but I like it, not everything girls do is to impress men, you know?" He nodded, slightly hurt because she assumed that he would think such a thing about her. 
"I'm ready" she said after zipping her shoes.
--------
"So that's it" Hornstock said when he finished showing Lis where everything was. "Now come with me" She and Rosie shared looks, but followed silently. When Ira opened the door to his office a young woman stood there. When she saw her Villa stopped dead in her tracks. 
"No way, it's actually you" the woman said. A second later a squealing Annalise ran to hug the girl, who did the same and they started jumping. Up and down, io and down, short pause, up and down, up and down. When they both were out of breath they stopped and looked at each other. "Wow, you've grown up…" the girl, Rosie still didn't know the name of said, and Villa started laughing. "You too" she said and they both laughed. "Now seriously" Annalise started and turned around. "Sophie, this is Rosie, Rosie, this is Sophie Hornstock, my best friend from the academy, haven't seen each other since we graduated, she went to Washington, I went to New York"
They shook hands. "Wait Hornstock?" 
"Sophie is my daughter" Ira said with a proud smile.
"Wait how old are you?" Rosie asked her. "35, 36 in a month and a half" 
"So you are, almost 3 years older than her" he pointed at Annalise.
"I skipped 2 years of school" Lis said grinning.
"I didn't know that, why didn't you tell me" 
"Because people start to think that I'm too smart, and im not, plus you never asked" she shrugged her shoulders "I actually hated school so that's the main reason why-" a notification from her phone interrupted her.
"Oh we have a body" She said.
"Great, now you" he pointed to Sophie "and you" he pointed to Villa "are gonna work together, you know - partners, and then you" he pointed to Rosie and sighed "you are going to come anyway so….let's just go"
Ira left the room followed by the two girls and Rosie.
"You have so much stuff to tell me" Sophie whispered in her ear.
"Like what exactly?" 
"Your and Rosie's history and what have you been up to, you know" 
"Wait, what history" Lis said trying to act dumb, tho she, better than all people knew that they had, in fact long history.
"Don't play dumb with me Villa, you know exactly what I'm talking about" 
"fine, 8pm at Joe's...you have a lot to tell me as well"