Chapter XXXIII: Good Woman

Comenzar desde el principio

I decided I wouldn't answer him and simply redirected the conversation.

" What news on that organization?" I asked him.

For a moment, he sat in the chair just staring at me. I avoided his gaze and turned my attention to placing my guns on the desk top. Slowly, but surely Vito was beginning to anger me.

" I have found nothing pertaining to that group. It's like it doesn't exist." For a moment, things went quiet, and I began to let the many thoughts of my mind express themselves on my face.

" Angel, are you sure the name you gave us is the correct name? Maybe you heard wrong." Vito dared to suggest, which made the insides of my skin crawl. My back began to itch, and it started to feel as though insects were crawling all over my body.

" Maybe I heard wrong." I repeated, a sickening smile making way to my lips and a deep dry chuckle emitting from my chest.

" If you value your pathetic excuse of a life, you will watch your tongue and do as I say." In the most menacing and threatening tone I could manage, I glared at Vito. At this time, I had risen from my seat on the desk and stood in front of Vito to peer down at him.

With a deep sigh, Vito pinched at the bridge of his nose.

" Angel, stop. I am in no mood to fight with you today." The voice in which he spoke appeared to be that of pure defeat. For the time being I backed down. I wasn't just irritated that we couldn't find anything related to this made up establishment, I was irritated because I was supposed to be with Dante at this moment. I was supposed to be balls deep inside of her currently.

The only comprehensible word to leave her mouth being my name. The uttering and mutters she would make from every little thing I would do to her body. I desired to give her pleasure, to make love to her.

Yes. I was extremely distressed.

I sighed heavily, once again seating myself on the edge of my desk.

" Vito, I want to go home. I want to go to my wife." I truthfully told him, going back to fiddling with my pistol.

" Little brother, do you not trust your brothers to handle this matter for you?" He asked me, a knowing look coming to his face as he leaned forward and folded his hands in front of him.

" You're crazy for leaving her in that creepy ass house by herself. What would you do if she decided she wanted to play that old game of cat and mouse?" I smirked. She wouldn't dare. Especially, not after our little call of passion last night. She'd be anticipating my return.

" She wouldn't do that." I simply told him, placing my gun on the desk and reaching for the papers that sat neatly in the middle of the space.

" Did you look into this Seri person?" I asked him, flipping through the pages of the report containing information on the Missouri group.

" Yeah, it just so happens we found a lot of shit on this Seri lady." He told me, rising up from his seat and buttoning his suit jacket up in the process.

My eyebrow quirked at this new found information.

" Do continue."