"Hold on though," she grabbed onto Elle's arm, "Promise me there will be no... makeovers. None. Promise!" 

Elle pouted, "Please, Janie." 

"No!" 

"But you'd look so pretty if you just let me-" 

"Ariella," Jane folded her arms and gave her friend a pointed a look, "No makeovers." 

Elle huffed, "Fine. No makeovers - you know you're such a buzz kill sometimes." 

"Uh huh, sure. Now how we gonna get rid of the secret service manning my door?" 

The smile that lit up Elle's face was terrifying. If Jane had been the security detail on the other side of that door she'd be running for the hills, Elle had the brain of an evil mastermind.  

"You can just leave that to me," Elle muttered before she walked over to a backpack Jane hadn't even realized she'd brought. She watched as Elle pulled out a couple of cute dresses, heels and endless piles of makeup and hair products that made Jane cringe, "Who are you Mary Poppins?" 

"Just go turn the TV up so they can't hear what I'm doing." 

After finding the remote and turning it up impossibly loud, she turned back to see that Elle had also pulled out a lot of questionable items out of her bag like duck-tape, rope and a couple of other things that made Jane wonder how well she really knew Elle.  

"Are you planning on abducting anyone tonight?" Jane asked, frowning at the zip ties and the uncomfortable memory they brought. 

Elle shook her head, "Nah. But you can't take down four guards without a few provisions." 

Sometimes her best friend truly did scare her. 

*** 

On the way to Miranda's party Jane kept a good distance away from Elle who she'd decided was a secret ninja of some sorts. Managing to take out four well trained guards and tie them up that was impressively terrifying. She knew she never wanted to get on Elle's side but now she definitely didn't want to get on Elle's bad side.  

Not after what she just saw.  

"Are you still scared about what you just saw me do?" Elle asked from in front of her, leading the way.  

"You say you learnt all that from scouts?" 

"The knot tying yes. And technically my dad learnt it from scouts he just showed me how to do it. The whole ass kicking thing, well I was just born knowing how to do that." 

Jane rolled her eyes, "Right. And if the FBI come and ask me where you've been hiding all these years I won't rat you out as long as you promise to keep me alive." 

Elle laughed, "You should be more worried about Mike and Levi. They've probably called the FBI to find us. Maybe SWAT to." 

Forgetting that her best friend was most probably some type of secret assassin, Jane hurried up to her as the bright lights and loud music coming from the house down the block poured out onto the streets. 

It felt good to be going out again and having fun, she didn't really get a chance to fully enjoy the last party she was at. Considering one of her friends was breaking up with their boyfriend; her other friend was dying and she was having to bargain her freedom with a hunter through beer pong. Yeah, fun. 

But already as she and Elle were walking through the front door and submerging themselves in the party atmosphere she could feel all her drama melting away. No more worrying about her crazy werewolf problems, tonight she would act human and dance and drink her problems into oblivion.