CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10 : to get a job

- Adrian Gold - P.O.V

apparently having a friend is fun. except for the whole thing about my vanilla scent!

kim was a good girl and down to earth. she know what she wanted. and yes she looked like the kind of lady who would speak her mind out. and yes she does speak her mind but she also know where the line is. or at least I thought she knew.

at lunch we met with kim's friend. apparently her mate is a warrior for her new pack. her pack is less than 30 min away from ours and 20 min away from our university as Kim call it 'monsters university - wearwolf addition'

you see we wearwolves live in packs and don't like intruders so our towns are wearwolf only towns. humans are welcome to visit but never stay usually we don't have any available houses whenever one of them want one. of course wearwolves with human for mate is an expedition.

anyway not all town get to have a university in it so for our pack and the near packs there is our university town. It's a mutual town that have people from near by packs protecting it. the town is full of wolfs that are loner wolfs or wolfs who packs are more than 40 minutes away or wolfs who just want to be independent. in the town there are small shops, droms, apartments, and everything for a nice university life.

I trailed of too much. anyway right now Kim was talking about how can movie and tv characters have good Internet connection even in the woods.

not really interested I didn't engage in the conversation. all I did is eating my food when my phone rang. I excused myself and left the table.

"yes?" I answered.

"the town dinner at 2pm" the voice at the other end said before hanging up. he could have sent a message!

I weny back to the table and now they were talking about something interesting. jobs. I needed a job.

Kim friend was actually from my pack and she was talking about how hard it is working at a café when they are short on staff. especially if they are the only place that sells coffee on the way to the university.

"so are they hiring?" I felt rude cutting her off. I never knew when is the right time to engage in a conversation.

"yes! oh my god. yes! are you looking for a job? do you want to help? it's my parents café and we really need help!" she talked so fast I barely could keep up. she has been talking fast this whole time anyway.

"yes, I was planning on looking for a job today"

" and you found one" she throw her arms in the are while screaming the words.

Kim laughed " I knew your a good catch vanilla" oh yah Kim decided that my name is Vanilla know.

"wait! the vanilla scent is from you?!" Alex said and shocked was not going to cover her expression. I think i see horror. "you're the late bloomer guy!" you did not need to say that so loudly.

"you can't shift?" Kim was confused.

i decided to be honest. so this was the end of my first friendship? "yes. I can't shift"

she frowned. then smiled? "cute personality, cute scent, cute gaze and can't shift! I know I made a great choice in picking this puppy up. Don't you think Alex" puppy? puppy??

I'm totally okay with being friendzoned. I do have a mate! but I don't want to be Petzoned!

"I ... I'm not a pet you know"

they laughed! "I can't. I just can't" Alex tried to talk but she kept on laughing. "the expiration! oh my oh my! that face! man Kim you're right"

I just rolled my eyes at them " come on don't be such a downer" Kim answered to my eye roll.

"Is it too late to back out on this friendship?" I asked sarcastically. (or do I want to back on it? they plan on keeping me! a grown man! as there pet after all)

"sorry pup the collar is already around your neck" Kim smiled getting up of her place. "I need to go or I'll be late"

"wait I'm coming with ya" I stood up and said my good bye to Alex.

*******

2pm

I went to the dinner and found the guy I was looking for. I brushed shoulders with him and took the envelope without anyone noticing.

I ordered a cup of coffee and pie. ate it and left to the bus. on the way back to the pack I made a stop to read what was given to me.

I open up the letter to see the paper with the lily on the bottom end of it.

I read the letter

' dear Andy.
as this might not be your the kind of job you are usually given but the place you are at now make you the best option.

this is not any type of assassination attempt. as I wrote earlier this has nothing to do with your line of work. and I'm writing this to you now so that you don't feel your betraying your new pack.

to the point. your mission is to look for the traitor among your pack. we suspect that he/she is helping the group of rogue among the lands hear.

for some unknown reason we can't find the group but we know they are near your pack. we need to know how they are hidden and what they are planning.

good luck. '

I wonder what miss Eren would think of me if she finds out I'm searching her pack?

I quickly dismissed the thought. I know how important my work is and I would not get any kind of thoughts get to me.

this is going to be as any of my other jobs. most likely less stressful. there is no killing involved.

I burned the letter to ashes and went to wait for my next buss. putting my hand in my pocket and rubbing on the lily necklace i had in there.