Chapter 2

I woke up, breathing in sharply, I opened my eyes, I was on a chair in a motel room. I looked around, Castiel was on a couch, eyes closed, he was asleep, I guess. The hunters were on the beds, asleep as well, I grabbed my bags and walked to the door, I wobbled but steadied myself. I opened the door quietly and slipped out, I closed the door and started walking. I heard the taller one,
He said" Where are you going?" I turned to him,
I said" Away."
" You should stick around, no one here's gonna hurt you."
" No, I don't... I don't do that."
" Sticking around?"
" Anything that involves a possible connection happening." I tried to grab my bag with my hurt hand, I hissed in pain, dropping the bag. I huffed then grabbed it with my good hand, I sighed.
" Who'd you lose?" I gulped, looking down," I'll take a guess, none of my business?" He chuckled,
" My family." I kept my gaze down, I heard him walking to me, then he stopped.
" I'm sorry, Zadkiel. What happened?"
" I messed up... I guess I used too much of my grace, and-and demons found me... they killed my family. I couldn't stop them, I wasn't strong enough to protect them all." No! Stop it! Stop it!," It's none of your business, leave me alone." I turned around, he grabbed my arm and turned me back around.
" You know, me and my brother use that same method, and I can see right through the bullshit. You're scared and hurt, you're lonely, and you really miss your family. It's okay, Zadkiel, you are allowed emotions."
" You know nothing, okay? It was my fault, my family... well, yeah, my family is dead because of me."
" How do you know that? Because I'm pretty sure, if you hadn't used your powers they'd still have found you, because that's what they do."
" I don't care! They're dead and I'm alive!"
" I know how you feel, Zadkiel, but you can't drown in it."
" Oh, I'm already at the bottom, rotting away."
" Just stay with us, okay? It's safe with us."
" Castiel is with you, I cannot trust Castiel."
" Because Michael cast you out, right? Angels aren't your friends." I stayed silent," Look, I know my word doesn't mean shit to you, but I swear Cas won't rat you out."
" I can't trust your word."
" Yeah, I know. Look, just come back inside and we'll figure this stuff out together." My stomach growled, I flinched," You get hungry?"
" I was cursed. I have the human afflictions but angelic grace, I have high emotions, hunger, tiredness, I can be wounded... I can't heal, nor can I fly... not anymore."
" Because of witches?" I looked down, sighing," Or because of something you don't want to mention right now."
" I'll stay." I followed him back to the motel room,
" Okay. My name's Sam Winchester, the other human is Dean, my older brother."
" I'm Zadkiel."
" You were birthed by a human, right? So what's your last name?"
" Elliots. Zadkiel Elliots." We headed back to the motel room...

I sat away from them, pulling my knees up and laying my head on my arms.
Sam said" You don't have-" I stared at him," Never mind." He laid back down," Don't go running off, okay? Just stay put." I closed my eyes, relaxing my body, trying to fall asleep again.
——
I woke up to sunlight,
Castiel said" He stayed?" I stood up, and saw the three at the table,
Sam said" I talked to him, okay? Got him to at least stay so we could figure some stuff out."
Dean said" Did your puppy eyes get his life story?"
" No, Dean. I don't invade people's privacy like you do."
I said" I stayed."
Castiel said" I'm surprised you did."
" Whatever, Castiel." I tried to move but pain seared through me, I groaned, grabbing my stomach.
Sam said" You okay?"
" I'm fine." He walked to me and pulled up my shirt, I hissed in pain, whimpering.
" Sorry." He held my side and took off the bandage, I flinched, he skimmed his fingers across the wound.
" Ow! Fuck!"
" That's gonna take a few days to heal."
" No shit!" I pulled away from him, sighing," I'm fine." I tried to move away from them but Sam grabbed my wrist." Why don't you believe me?"
Castiel said" You lie, Zadkiel."
" I'm fine, that's the truth." He reached out, I pulled from Sam's grip and ran to the bathroom, locking myself in. I pressed myself into the wall, staring at the door,
Sam said" Zadkiel, unlock the door."
" No! Go away!"
" Zadkiel, just-"
" Go away!" I whimpered, covering my ears, I screamed" Leave me alone! Go away!"
" Zadkiel..."
I growled" Go away!" I breathed heavily, my eyes glowed, I let them simmer down. I pulled my knees to my chest, I yelped in pain, I whimpered but wrapped my arms around my knees.