TWENTY-NINE

ONE YEAR LATER

It was currently 4:30 in the morning and I could not stop throwing up. I'm not sure if it was something I ate or if I'm sick but this shit sucks. I tried my hardest not to take charlie so he wouldn't worry, but that failed. "Soph, you okay?" He asks walking into the bathroom. "I don't even know, but I feel like absolute shit," I say. He walks out of the bathroom and comes back with a warm washcloth that he places on my forehead. What did I do to deserve him?

"You go back to bed, I'll be okay," I say shooing him away. He shakes his head and sits down with me. "I'm not leaving you like this. If youre gonna feel bad, then I'm gonna be here with you," He says moving my hair out of my face. "Thank you," I smiled weakly, still feeling like absolute garbage.  "Do you need anything?" He asks. "maybe some water?" I reply as he gets up and walks to the kitchen.

I honestly had no idea why I was feeling so bad, I never get sick. Well, I get never is over now. Charlie and I sit on the bathroom floor and talk for the next hour as I continue to throw up my guts. This feeling absolutely sucked and I wish it would go away.

{charlie's pov}

texts between charlie, owen, and savannah

charlie:
guys

owen:
what's up dude

savannah:
what's up?

charlie:
I want to ask Sophia to marry me

savannah:
CHARLIE
IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME
YALL HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR LIKE EVER

owen:
I'm happy for you charlie!
you guys seem super happy

charlie:
savannah it's been almost 2 years
even tho it seems like forever
but I want you guys to be there when I do it
I want the whole gang to be there

savannah:
then let's make it happen

GHOST BAND:

canadian boy🥁 removed soph😈💖 from chat!

i see dead people🎤:
uh, charlie?

jadah baby:
charlie wtf?

canadian boy🇨🇦:
I'm going to ask Sophia to marry me
and I want you guys to be there

i see dead people🎤:
AHDKFJCHSND
ABOUT TIME

Jadah baby:
YES CHARLIE!

seth clearwater🐺:
I'm happy for you guys Charlie!

Canadian boy🇨🇦:
i'll text you guys the detail but i wanted you guys to know!

canadian boy🇨🇦 added soph😈💖 to the chat!

soph😈💖:
charlie wtf?

I would be lying if I had said I didn't have Sophia's ring for awhile. I got the ring the day after we got together. I just knew we'd be together forever and I plan to make that happen. She has brought so much joy and happiness into my life and I couldn't be more thankful for her. Now I just had to figure out how I was going to do it.

{sophia's pov}

Charlie was at the store and I was here, still throwing up. I'm not sure what the fuck is going on, but i don't like it. I pull out of my phone to call savannah when the date catches my eye. December 12. Holy shit. Im late. I open my phone and open the calendar app. I'm almost 2 months late?! How have I not noticed this? I quickly grab my things and head to the store, grabbing a test. I needed to know for sure if I was pregnant or not.

When i got home i practically ran into the bathroom, pulling out the test and taking it immediately. The three minutes of waiting felt like an eternity. I pace around the room as I wait for the results, my heart beating out of my chest. Once the three minutes were up, i grab the test, quickly scanning it. Positive. My heart dropped into my stomach. I'm pregnant.

texts between Charlie and Sophia

soph:
hey, will you be home soon?

charlie:
yeah, I'll be there in like 5 minutes
you okay?

soph:
yeah just gotta talk to you about something

My heart raced as I waited for Charlie to get home. I knew he'd be happy but is this really what he wants right now? Could we afford a baby? Would I be a good mom? So many thoughts ran through my head. I heard the door open and close indicating Charlie was home. My heart raced faster than it already was as he walked to our room. "hey babe, you in here?" I heard him say. "yeah, I'll be out in a second," I quickly hide the test in my pocket and think of what I was going to say.

I walk out of the bathroom and tightly hug him. "What'd you need to talk to me about babe?" He asked. "Sit down," I say, motioning for him to sit. "So you know how I havent been feeling great lately, throwing up all the time. Well, I took a pregnancy test earlier and it's positive. I'm pregnant," I say as his face goes blank. I try to read his face but there's no emotion to it. "You're pregnant?" He asks slowly breaking out of his trance. I nod my head and he looks at me up and down. The next thing I know, Charlie pulls me into a hug and spins me around.

"Sophia, this is so exciting! We're going to have our own little family," He smiles excitedly. I smile at him and kiss his lips. That was definitely not the reaction I was expecting, but I'm happy he's happy about it. We're gonna be a family.

@sophiaavery just posted a photo!

liked by @charles_gillespie, @owenjoyner, and 984,568 others

@sophiaavery: 🦋

-------------------------------------------------------------

@charles_gillespie: my girl beautiful😍

@savannahleemay: THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND

@themadisonreyes: pop off✋

@owenjoyner: how are you even real?

@user1: the most beautiful

@user2: I wish charlie would break up with her already

             -> @owenjoyner: HA, like that will ever happen