TWENTY-SEVEN

"I just want to say thank you to everyone who made this show possible!" Kenny said as he made a toast to the cast. The wrap party was something I had never experienced before. All the other shows I had been apart of never had a party like this. I was actually enjoying myself here with the people I loved the most. "Sophia, come dance with me," Madison said pulling me away from Charlie. The music was quite loud but Madison and I were enjoying it. The last night the whole cast would be together, I knew I had to make it memorable. "Sophia, drink this," Owen said handing me a red solo cup. "I made you one of my famous drinks, "I took the cup reluctantly and proceeded to chug it. "Woah there champ slow down a little, these will hit you hard," Owen chuckled taking my cup from me and went to fill it up.

"I just want to have fun tonight, Mads," I said continuing to dance with her. "I know me too. Too bad my dad is here and I'm only 16," She giggled. "I'll sneak you some when he isn't looking," I winked at her as we continued to dance. Owen came back with another drink for me and I quickly downed that one as well. By the third, I could feel the aftermath of the alcohol.

I look around to find Charlie and he's nowhere to be seen, hm that's weird. "Has anyone seen Charlie?" I ask Madison and Owen, which they both shake their heads no. Where the fuck is Charlie? I stumble towards the bathroom to fix myself up before going to look for Charlie again. As I go to open the door, I realize it's locked. I pound on the door so the person knew I needed to go in there. "One second," The voice called out. That kinda sounded like Charlie, I thought but brushed it off. Soon the door opens revealing Charlie and Tori. My mouth drops and my heart drops.

"Charlie," I say sadly, looking between the two. "Sophia, it's not what it looks like, I swear," He says as I start to run away. I am stopped by his hand on my arm pulling me back. "Sophia, please, let me explain," He pleads, still holding onto my arm. "Let go of me, Charlie. There's nothing to explain," I say ripping my arm out of his grip and running out of the house, Owen soon behind me. When I get outside, I immediately break down. "Sophia, what happened?" Owen asked as he sat down next to me. "I was going to the bathroom and Charlie and Tori walked out together. I'm not sure if anything happened, but they were in there together," I said as I put my head between my knees. "What the fuck," Owen says as he pulls me into a hug.

"Sophia," I hear a voice say behind me. "Charlie, go," Owen says shooing the boy away. "No, I'm not going. Sophia, I need to talk to you," Charlie says walking over to where I was sitting. "What is there to talk about? You guys came out of the bathroom together!" I practically screamed at him, that being because of the alcohol. "It's not what it looks like, I swear Sophia," He says going to grab my hands but I snatch them away before he could. "Then why was the door locked? Can you explain that?" I ask tears streaming down my face. "She locked the door when we got in there and wouldn't let me unlock it. She said she needed to talk to me but it had to be in there. I didn't know she was going to lock it when we went in there," He said looking into my eyes.

"Did anything happen?" I ask, unsure if I even want to know the answer. Charlie put his head down and sighed. "She kissed me," He said. "But, I didn't kiss back. I can promise you that," He said going back to grab my hands, I let him this time. "I can't say I didn't see this coming. Charlie, I told you she's been trying to get closer to you for the past month and you didn't listen to me!" I said raising my voice a little bit. "I know and I should've listened to you," He replied tears leaving his eyes as well. "I need some space, Charlie," I say walking towards Owen's car. "Sophia, please," His voice cracked and that's what broke my heart the most.

I honestly didn't know what to think at this point. He knew I had my suspicions about her and he chose not to listen to me. I was right this entire time, no matter how many times I tried to tell myself to let it go and let them be friends. "Sophia, are you okay?" Owen asked as he drove me back to my apartment. "I don't know, honestly," I said, my voice cracked. "I knew this was going to happen, but he didn't listen to me," I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. My makeup was smudged from all the tears I had shed and my hair was definitely a mess, it was rough.

Owen gave me his hands which I gladly took into my own. I was so thankful to have someone like him who was always there for me no matter what. He was truly my best friend, besides Savannah obviously. Owen pulls into the apartment complex and helps me up the stairs, seeing as I was still a little drunk. He helps me to bed after I change into my pajamas and tucks me in. "Sophia, it's going to be okay. Talk to him when you're ready," He says as he's about to walk out of the door. "Owen," I say. "Hmm?" he replies. "Thank you," I say before I eventually fall asleep, unknown of what was going to happen tomorrow.

The next morning

I woke up the next morning to more voices in the living room than usual. "Where is she?" I hear a voice say. Was that Charlie? I got up from the bed and listened a bit before actually walking out there. "I just want to talk to her Owen. I can't lose her again, I just can't," It was Charlie and I can tell he was crying. I slowly walked out of the room and over to where Charlie was, grabbing his hand and leading him to my room. "Sophia," He says as he hugs me tightly. "I want to talk about this Charlie. I don't want to lose you either," I say breaking away from the hug and sitting on the bed.

Charlie was nervous and I could tell. Whenever he got nervous, he would play with the sleeves of his sweatshirt. "I honestly don't even know how any of it happened last night. I shouldn't have agreed to go in there with her. But I want you to know, I didn't kiss her back. I stood there and that's when I walked out of the bathroom and saw you," He says taking my hands. "I believe you. But do you understand why I had a bad feeling about her?" I ask. "Yes, and I'm sorry for not listening to you," He replied taking my face into his hands. "Does this mean you forgive me?" He asks quietly. "Yes," I say as he plants a slobbery kiss on my lips.

@sophiaavery just posted a photo!

liked by @charles_gillespie, @savannahleemay, and 999,348 others

@sophiaavery: miss writing music with my beautiful boy :)

-------------------------------

@charles_gillespie: I love you, forever <3

comments limited by user