TWENTY-THREE

"Sophia, we gotta get going soon. Everyone will be here any second," Charlie says as he gets all his hiking gear ready for the trip. Sophia quickly finishes readying herself and walks towards the kitchen. She pulls 10 water bottles out of the fridge, putting them in her cooler. "You gotta go easy on me this hike," She says smiling up at Charlie who just chuckles. "You'll do fine, I promise," He says bending down to plant a kiss on her lips. "Hey lovebirds, let's stop this and get on the road," Owen and Jeremy say as they walk into the apartment. "You get everything into the car, I'll be out there in a second," Sophia says as she runs to her room, getting a few extra things.

She walks out of the apartment, locking it, and down to Charlie's car. As she walks up to the passenger door, she sees Tori in the front seat. "Charlie told you I get the front seat," She mentions when she opens the door. "Well, you weren't here so I took it," Tori snickers. Sophia rolls her eyes and gets into the back with Madison and Jeremy. "What was that about?" She whispers to Madison who shrugs her shoulders, equally as confused. The group began their hour-long journey to Banff National Park.

Music filled the car as the windows rolled down and wind blowing through their hair. Florence caught Charlie's eye in the rearview mirror as he shot her a wink, which made her blush. They finally arrived and both groups practically sprinted out of the car. The smell of sweat and packed bodies did not go well together. Sophia walked up to Charlie as he wrapped her into a hug and kiss her head, earning a disgusted look from Tori. "Don't worry, you'll be up there with me on the way back," He whispered into her ear as they gathered their things out of the trunk.

"We ready to do this, guys?" Charlie asked once everyone got their things. Everyone nodded and they were on their way. Tori tried to stay close to Charlie but he brushed it off every time. Sophia didn't know what her problem was, but she didn't like it. Charlie grabbed Sophia's hand and led her on the trail. The scenery was beautiful and she couldn't believe her eyes. Charlie always loved going on hikes or spontaneous adventures and that's what she loved about him. As they got toward the end of the trail, they stopped and took in the area. "It's beautiful," Sophia said. "I can't believe I've never been here," Owen said.

"I've been here before," Tori said looking at Charlie. "Really?" Madison asked. "Yeah, Charlie and I came here a few weeks back," The girl replied causing Sophia's mouth to drop open. She looked at Charlie confused and his eyes were wide. "Oh, that sounds fun," Sophia said through her teeth. She didn't know what Tori was trying to do, but it was getting on her nerves. She walked over to Madison and ushered her to walk with her. "What the fuck was that?" She asked Madison as they walked. "I honestly don't know. I didn't even know they've been here," Madison said defensively.

"I just get such a bad vibe from Tori," Sophia said throwing her hands up. "I know, it's just something about her that doesn't sit right with me," The curly-haired girl replied. The two continued to walk back down the trail towards the car, the group following close behind. She didn't even know if she should be mad at Charlie for not telling. But, she knew she was mad at Tori for all the shit she's been doing today. As they approached Charlie's car, she leaned up against the door waiting for Charlie to unlock it. He finally got to the car and looked at her sadly. "Please unlock it," She said. As he unlocked it, she got into the back with Madison not even caring that tori was in the front seat.

The trip home was silent, with just music quietly playing in the background. Sophia didn't want to say anything to Charlie or Tori. Madison quickly took Sophia's hand in hers as she noticed the upset girl. She still didn't even know if she had a right to be upset. They obviously went there when Sophia and Charlie weren't together. But, she would have thought he'd tell her. They finally arrived and Sophia let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. She quickly grabbed her things as she and madison made their way to her apartment.