Chapter 20

Distracted. 

He's been pretty distracted, lately.

Too many things in his head. It won't take long before he breaks. So before that happen and he went all emo, he busied himself with the trainings or study. 

He's going to die.

By agreeing to fight along with his family than being a white rabbit when he is the target... It's practically the same as signing his own gravestone. 

He sighed...

'And to think that I just got my freedom back...' Mind unfocused, he let his body fight whoever he's sparring right now. Frankly he doesn't care. He needs to get stronger to survive.

He was late to notice how his hyper intuition warned him of an incoming attack...

"A-Are you ok???" Henko asked worriedly as he saw the latter coughing up after a kick to his gut. Yeah, well, the boy was serious, the blond got carried away himself.

"y-yea—" The albino said, But Yoshi think otherwise. 

"There won't be any good if you pushed yourself, idiot. Henko? Can you accompany him back to his chamber?"

The green eyed male nods as he helped Schnier back to his feet. Woobly, but at least he can still walk. "Uhh... Sorry for that" Henko sweatdropped, yet the boy just hummed. "Just like everyone, you're holding back on your attack, grandpa. I should be coughing blood if you used your full strength"

"Exactly why I didn't?" 

Schnier chuckled, "The training is pointless to you then, wari"

The man rolled his eyes. "I always know that you're a masochist, Schnier, as Tsunayoshi especially. But come on! At least understand that you're indeed at a weaker state right now. You can't keep pushing yourself like this" He chided, making the younger puffed his cheek.

"Well, My own life is on the line. How can I slack off?" he scoffed.

"Slacks off?" Henko groaned, "All you ever did is going after missions, then return to train. You even forgot to eat sometimes! When will you have time for me?"

Schnier stopped on his track. 

It was not 'we'

"you?" he blinked. The man might be whining like he always did. But something is bothering him. Why did the blond specifically referred to himself?

"Yeah, me. It's been a while since you... left. I missed the snarky comments that we shared when I'm still inside of your head" he pouted openly, but if anything, Schnier bite his inner lip, getting ready for whatever had caused his intuition to blare off. 

"Or am I no longer as important since I'm not part of Canon...?" There's hurt lingering in the older's tone, and boy, he hates it.

"Of course not!" He snapped. The raised tone honestly startled the man, not that he could tell with his own raging emotions.

"Don't say such thing, Henko. You are important. All of you are important to me!" Schnier yelled with tears brimming on the corner of his eyes. 

Hypocrite.

A tiny voice in his head chimes in. 

He's been longing to be with his family for years. Yet now that he has them around, he's actually neglecting them...? 

'My second chance. My only chance to be with them... Deadline is ahead. there's time limit. Yet what the fuck I'm doing?' 

Familiar.