Chapter 42, Departure From Home

Comenzar desde el principio

The four members of the Anbu were so hushed and noiseless, it'd given me creeps. One would eventually blurt out a word or two, but none would try to get any conversation going.

"Are people in the Anbu always this lame?", I scoff as we start to leap from one tree branch to the next. Kakashi isn't so dull like these four.

Fox replied, "I suppose so".

I looked ahead and saw Owl leading the squad, then I recalled that Lord Hokage had entrusted the file to him. Aside from me, Pika seemed to be the only other female on this squad. She was the most quiet of them all that you don't actually feel much of her presence or chakra.

I hastened up my pace and left the others behind as I raced up to Owl.

"Where are we headed to exactly?"

He simply looked at me and replied, "One of Orochimaru's various hideouts. It's rumored that he's settled down for the time being".

I've heard some things here and there about Orochimaru. He's one of The Legendary Sannin who eventually became a missing-nin. He was a disciple of Hiruzen Sarutobi. I also heard some other gruesome things about him that I'd rather keep.

"Hanabi", Owl caught me off guard by halting dead in his tracks, landing on the branch of a tree.

"What?", I blurt out suddenly, the determination on my face was raw and evident.

"Since we're not so far away from the village's main gate, I want you to mark one of these random spots with your marking kunai", he elaborated, earning a confused look from me.

"Why?", I inquire, trying to figure him out.

"In case things get bad, then we might need an escape", he informs in stern voice.

"I-I don't think that I have the capacity to teleport the five of us at the same time", I asserted, while contemplating using my Sharingan to see his face. I'm not even sure if such thing is possible with the Sharingan.

"Yeah I figured", he states, then says, "which is why you'll have to leave two of us behind if things come down to it".

My brows suddenly crease and I hastily question, "what makes you think I can teleport two people at the same time?", he looked at me intently through his mask that resembled an owl.

"Since you're a disciple of the Fourth, I thought that you were able of such thing", he scoffed.

"So where is Orochimaru's hideout?", I  flip the subject.

He adjusted his Leaf headband and said, "We're headed to the village Hidden In The Sound, where our source material said he'll be".

"The village Hidden In The Sound?", I repeated slowly.

"Yes", he replied and leapt in the air towards the next tree branch, the others had followed pursuit on cue, "it might take us a day or two, but we'll get there", he assures.

On his orders, I whipped out the marking kunai and flung it in the distant direction of the Hidden Leaf's main gate.

I nodded in return and followed pursuit. The journey to the border of the Land of Fire was going to be a bit long. Knowing this, I began dreading the departure from home. Leaping from tree to tree, the continues rhythm reminded me of Itachi.

How he'd blush at the simplest of gestures. In all integrity, he seemed genuinely happy when I saw him today. Actual lively energy was radiating off of him which encroached my heart with exhilaration. Itachi Uchiha went from being the sphere of dejection to the liveliest person alive overnight.

And I completely get it.

A burden that has weighed him down for so long has finally shifted elsewhere. I couldn't help, but feel a bit proud that I got to partake in this.

After all, my mother was an Uchiha...

The day had faded into darkness, the only thing illuminating us was the hue of the moon, which shone bright. Crossing the border of the land of fire meant one thing.

The Valley of The End.

The story that Shisui told me that fateful night. The battle at the Final Valley that took place between Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju. I'd get to see the historical monument in a different perspective since I know more about the story now.

As of now, no one was showing signs of exhaustion, which was kind of out of place since we've been on our feet for hours.

I guess being in the Anbu isn't child's play after all.

____________________________________

A/N:- I'm currently planning things in advance. Follow me if you want any latest announcements etc. Short chapter I know, but it's for the best. Something's coming, and it's not what you think...

~A