21. It has started

Start from the beginning

'Hello everyone,' Percy's voice echoed through the whole arena, every single person being able to hear every word he said 'You are gathered here today to prepare for the upcoming war.'

The demigods shuffled nervously. Even though they were preparing for the war itself, it didn't mean that they needed to be reminded of it constantly. 

'But,' Percy boomed, breaking everyone from their thoughts 'It doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun. You might be here to prepare for the war, but you are also here to refine your skills with a sword and learn new skills that you might have not seen before.'

The nervousness instantly deflated from the heroes. 

'I want all of you to get in pairs and start sparring with each other.' Percy said once everyone was calm enough 'Jason and I will come around with Nico to correct some stuff if necessary.'

All three sons of the Big Three waited as everyone got together with a partner and found their own spots in the arena. Soon enough, the arena was filled with the sound of metal clashing on metal.

For the next twenty minutes or so, both Jason and Percy went around the demigods to correct wrong techniques or fix up some small mistakes in their form while Nico was used as more of a demonstration. The trio had gone around and put the demigods in groups ranging from two or three beginners to senior swordfighters. Once they had gone around to everyone, Percy called them to gather around so that he could show them a really useful sword move.

'You all are doing really good work,' Percy said smiling 'A lot of you are really developed with your sword skills and some of you need some work, but that's okay.'

Percy motioned Jason to step forward into the circle their students had created.

'Now, I will be showing you both a really important and effective move you can do,' Percy said as he uncapped Riptide, making the pen grow into its three feet long Celestial Bronze blade 'It doesn't matter if you have a gladius or the Greek xiphos, both blades will be able to perform this move.'

Percy motioned for Jason to fake an attack on him. Jason did it slowly so the campers surrounding the duo could see the move clearly.

'This was one of the first things I have ever learned, and I have used it countless times after that,' Percy said as he locked hilts with Jason's Imperial Gold gladius and twisted it, making it fall out of his hand 'This is the disarming manoeuvre you will all be able to do by the end of today, so don't be discouraged if you can't get it first try. I didn't either.'

Jason and Nico snorted at that but didn't say anything.

'Now, I will show you what it looks like in real-time,' Percy announced before turning towards a smirking Jason 'Alright Jason, come at me.'

The smirk on his face instantly vanished.

'Do I have to?' Jason whined 'Why do you always pick on me, man? Get Nico to do it?'

Now it was Percy's turn to smirk, 'I was using Nico as a dummy for the past half an hour. Now it's your turn.'

Nico stifled a laugh and pat Jason on the back, 'Good luck, man.'

Jason sighed and stepped forward with his sword drawn. The surrounding demigods grinned in anticipation for the upcoming fight, even though it was only a practice one.

'We just keep going until one us manages to disarm the other,' Percy said and waited a while before saying, 'Go.'

Jason raised his sword a little as he circled Percy, who had Anaklusmos in his hands seemingly relaxed. Jason knew that was a show though. He also knew that Percy could strike in the blink of an eye if he wanted to.