Chapter 167: New body

Start from the beginning

"So now its like this huh. To meet Great Red by chance….. I am really lucky."

"{Thinking about how you attract others, I can only think that you attracted Great Red naturally.}"

"And you said that several days has already passed? Everyone must be worried.."

Ophis stopped hitting Great Red and looked up at the sky. The Goddess asked her and on why she didn't return to her world.

“To me, this is my original World.”

"Oh, right. This dimensional gap is your motherland. I said my question in a wrong way." Erin sheepishly smiled. "What I mean to say is, didn’t you return to the Underworld or human world?"

“You said 'let's go home together'. That’s why I am here. I will go home
together.”

"You really are weird. But you weren’t bad after all.." Erin smiled genuinely at Ophis. She then directed her question to Voltaire.

"By the way, wasn’t there a summoning made by Azazel? I thought that Ophis should have been summoned and my dead body too if ever it happened."

"{There was. But only your evil-piece inside you returned. It was a rare phenomenon and I can indeed say that Evil-pieces are items with lots of mysteries.Your power source was because of the evil-piece, right, my child?}"

"That's right. Traiana and True-Queen were possible because of the evil-piece." Erin remembered the others and grew worried.

"I need to tell everyone that I am safe….though I am actually not…… I want to tell them that I’m at least alive. But am I safe staying like this?"

"{You are borrowing Great Red’s power right now. So for now you are.}"

"Then that means I have to be with Great Red. Either way, I can’t return normally so I'm basically trapped here." replied Erin with a sigh

"{I also want to inform you
something, my child.. it is about the previous hosts.}"

"Previous hosts?" Erin blinked curiously. "What happened to them?"

The Goddess sends her consciousness to the depth of the Sacred Gear. She can see the white world and the fancy venue was the same from last time. There are tables and chairs but there isn’t a single person present.

"{Your soul was at risk of
disappearing because of Samael’s poison. It was too late for your body so we had to discard it. What would be affected after the body was your soul. At that rate, your soul was about to be eliminated by Samael’s poison. Even I thought there was no way out...}"

"So how did my soul survive?" Erin gasped in realization. "Then the previous hosts.."

"{Their remaining thoughts protected your soul from Samael’s curse. While they became your substitute for receiving Samael’s curse, I pulled your soul out and attached it to the armor. It was perfect timing... If my judgement was slightly slow, you wouldn’t have been here now.}"

"They sacrificed on my behalf and I was able to get released from the curse because of them." Erin got teary-eyed. "I haven't bid goodbye to them properly.."

"{I can understand how you feel. That’s why, can you please listen to their last words? They left their words behind. This is their last message to you.}"

"Yes. Please let me hear it."

*(Flash!)*

"Topless! Topless! Zoom Zoom, Iyaaaan!" the cheerful voices of the remaining 7 users were heard. The Goddess deadpanned as she heard the familiar song.

"I knew it would turn up like this." chuckled Erin amidst her tears. From the side of the vision, the previous White Emperor who helped the Goddess before also showed his smile.

"Butts are also wonderful, current Blue Empress."

Erin furrowed her brows and Voltaire chuckled

"What does he mean? Is that the likes of the White Emperors? Don't tell me Vali is known for being a Butt Dragon."

"{Look at the far end to the left, my child.}"

There is a swollen block of flesh and Erin squinted her eyes at this

"Did Great Red get bitten? Ah, it has a pulse! Is something inside?"

"{That is a cocoon. You can say that is similar to a cultivation capsule.}"

"Cocoon? Cultivation?" Erin tilted her head to the side. "So what is inside of it?"

"{Your body which has been
destroyed once is receiving new flesh in there. It’s giving birth to your new body with a part of Great Red’s flesh and Ophis’ powers.}"

"..................................."

"W-WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Erin gaped and Voltaire laughed heartily at her reaction

"{You will be revived by the True-Dragon and Dragon-God, my child. Do you remember some of lines on the Juggernaut Drive chant before?}"

"Which part?" Erin thought for a moment and Voltaire responded

"{The part where it says that you represent the Infinite, Dreams, and Possibilities. I think this situation fits that line, my child. By receiving a new body made from the two Dragon-Gods, you can definitely say that you represent Ophis, who is the Infinite, and Great-Red, who is the Dream...}"

"I see.. you're right, Voltaire." Erin said in realization.

"{Moreover, the fact that you were brought back from the dead is a proof that you represent many possibilities, despite how faint it may be. That's why, let’s prepare for the counter-attack, my child. The Underworld needs your help right now.}"

- End of Chapter -