Messes

I had woken up a few minutes ago and am now getting ready to leave for work. I quickly get dressed before leaving my room.

I walk into the living room and see the boys playing together

I walk into the living room and see the boys playing together. Well, some of them. Yoongi is still on the couch, but he eyes me as I enter the room. Namjoon is laying down while Jin climbs up him to reach the coffee table.
Once the boys see me, they gather at my feet.
"Aw, aren't you guys so cute! I wish I could stay, but I have work. I'm sorry guys. I'll be back before dinner. Be good," I tell them before shutting and locking the door.

****************

Little did y/n know, was the boys gathered near the window and watched as their new owner walked away. Their tails and ears drooping.

***************

When I got to the house, I was exhausted. Today, at work, just put me in a killer mood. I just wanted to lay in bed and cry.
I unlock the door and open it. I look up and gasp, the house is a mess. I shut the door and walk in farther. I heard the boys running to greet me and they jumped around me as I just stood there. The only animal not jumping around, was Yoongi. He was on the mantle staring at me.
The house reminded me of myself, a big mess. There were more messes for me to clean up than I was able to.
My knees gave way and I fell on the floor. Tears were in my eyes and I hugged my knees to my chest. The boys stopped jumping and looked at me. They looked scared and guilty.
Through my tears, I give them a smile, "I'm not crying because of you guys. I just had a bad day at work and I remembered how much of a mess I am right now. So don't worry guys, you did nothing wrong. I would have been kind of worried if I came to the house and it was clean."
I watch as Tae lays down beside me and I give him a little smile while I pet him.

"I watch as Tae lays down beside me and I give him a little smile while I pet him

He seems to enjoy it as his eyes close with satisfaction. All the others, except the kitten, push their way to me to be petted. I let out a small laugh, which surprises me, because it's been a while since I laughed. Or, at least that I know of.

After I cleaned up everything and fed everyone, I decided to put on a movie. I didn't have work tomorrow, so why not?
I look over and see Namjoon in the bed I bought him. There were a few more for the others, but I don't have a lot of money, so I had to buy small ones. Yet Namjoon looked so cute.

 Yet Namjoon looked so cute

"Aw, look at you Joonie. You're so cute!" He just looks at me before wagging his tail. He starts running to me, but accidentally bumps the coffee table and knocks over my plastic cup filled with milk.
Namjoon looks apologetic and I just laugh. Which seems to confuse the boys. I stroke Namjoon before cleaning up the mess.
I smile inwardly as I think about how I will be cleaning up more messes now instead of just sitting around. "I guess messes can be a good thing," I say out loud.

****************

What y/n didn't see was that the boys looked at each other when she said those words. No one had been happy to have messes to clean up. Yet, it was a nice change for them.