Weeds - Chapter Forty Two

//Two Years Later//

"Ill have a sprite no ice, please." I ordered from the woman behind the counter. She nodded and headed over to the draft bars to prepare my order.

I casually bobbed my head to the Sia song which played softly from the speakers. It was such a warm summer day in New York City that I could literally feel the heat rise from the pavement on my way here. I was on my way back to the apartment I shared with my roommate Piper but the heat was so unbearable that I needed something to cool off.

The bar I had entered was bright and lively, with large windows that let streams of light in. It looked more like a restaurant than a bar to me.

I tapped my converse clad foot on the metal bar bellow my feet, taking a look around the bar which if it weren't for the two girls having lunch in a corner booth would be deserted.

The bells on the front door chimed letting everyone in the bar know that there was a new costumer inside.

The woman bartender slid me my drink, the thick star bobbing afloat.

A lot had changed in the past two years, I had graduated high school, I had gotten into NYU, I had learned to be happy with myself and with life itself.

"On the house." The woman smiled passing me a small crate of nachos and a napkin.

I smiled kindly analyzing the napkin in front of me, there was a little of a flower and the word Weeds printed on it, bellow it in small writing it said 'A weed is but an unloved flower"

"Weird name for a bar don't you think?" I asked , looking up at the woman.

She shrugged and gave me a lopsided grin, "I guess we're all Weeds at some point in our lives."

I nodded chuckling to myself, that sounded so familiar.

I gulped down my sprite , placing two five dollar bills on the table I got up, ready to face the scorching head outside.

The door tinkled when I opened it, the heat was suffocating. I took a few steps back on the semi desolated street, New Yorkers were busy with work since it was only Two O'clock in the after noon.

I looked up at the sign outside the bar, squinting form the bright sun.

My eyes trailed down the outside of the bar, fixing on the person sitting on the bar stool at the front of the store.

The mesmerizing dark eyes that I knew were mistaken for black but where actually dark blue stared at me.

I've been told that the worst feeling is seeing someone you once knew and them being a total stranger , but it wasn't.

I was grateful that I ever got the opportunity to know someone so life changing.

He shrugged , it wasn't a resentful or rude shrug, it was one of those shrugs that said 'Watcha gonna do'

I shrugged back at him , offering a half smile before I turned on the tips of my toes and continued down the street.

Everything was finally okay.

-

A/N

THAT'S A WRAP

Yep that's the end of Weeds , yep this book was a big LOL with horrible content and writing but I've learned a lot from this and will hopefully create better writing pieces in the future.

I know that a lot of questions were left un answered, but I left it that way because in real life you don't always get answers to all your questions.

I know there wasn't a romantic happy ending but I think that this is a happy ending itself.Moral of the story? Probably that you shouldn't be dependent on others for happiness.