Weeds - Chapter Six

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

I hissed loudly as Bridget ripped open my dark curtains, a ray of sun hitting my face. I threw my covers over my face, shielding myself. 

"I swear, sometimes I think you're vampire. I mean you hate the sun, and your skin looks pretty dead." 

I rolled my eyes, although she couldn't see it. "Well, we can't all be as flawless as you." I sighed dramatically. 

"Has anyone ever told you how annoying you are?" 

"Yeah, you." I retorted. 

"Whatever just get up, we're going jogging." 

I groaned as loudly as I possibly could, rolling off my bed, falling hard. I groaned again. I slowly pushed myself up, taking a look in my small vanity. I had dark circles under my eyes from staying up with Elliott to watch a new show he discovered, American Horror Story. We had watched all of season one and half of season two, it was an amazing show. I absolutely loved it. Elliott and I hadn't agreed on the characters, I didn't like Tate but he did.  

I continued looking in the mirror, my lips were chap and cracked. My eyebrows could probably use a good plucking too, and my skin was as Bridget put it, dead. My skin was greyish and it had acne scars that had dulled over the years but if you looked close enough you could still make out. 

I grabbed a uniform skirt, converse and undergarments walking out of the room, shoving Bridget a little in the process. I walked across the hallway to the bathroom Bridget and I shared, I slammed the door locking it. I set my stuff on the counter and began my morning routine, including shower. 

I did not intend to jog during this jog.  

I soon tugged the my clothes on, brushing my teeth and pulling my horribly knotted hair into a bun. I threw my messenger bag on my should, walking out Bridget and Elliott were already outside stretching. 

Stupid athletically fit people. 

I walked out , a small chill running through the air. Out here in California fall didn't mean a bunch of colorful leaves in facts the trees stay exactly the same, the only change is a small breeze.  

I walked to the shed, wiggling the lock open. I turned the light in the shed on and found my bike, wheeling it out.  

"Really?" Bridget smirked. 

"I'm going to Danielle's, if mom asks I went straight to school to print something off. " 

She gave me a taunting smile and I rolled my eyes at her. 

I sat on my bike pedaling away, Danielle lived a few blocks away from me in a neighborhood that the people of the small suburban town of Stinson knew as Branson. Branson was a small community made up of around ten houses, the people who lived in Branson where typically doctors or lawyers. 

When I arrived at Danielle's house I parked my bike in the drive way leaning it against a weird fountain in the center a small patch of green around it. The statue was of woman holding a baby in her arms, the baby had water streaming out of its penis. It was very disturbing. 

I walked up to the houses front door grabbing the key from under the mat, I dropped the keys into the key bowl stalking up the stairs. I knew this house like the back of my hand, I had known it my whole life. 

I sighed as I walked up the stairs of the three story home. I ran my fingers across the marble railing remembering all the times I had slid down it.