Weeds - Chapter Thirty One

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Monday morning flashed by in a blur, drama class is filled by Miss.Hooters wearing a shirt that is way too inappropriate for school and the flashing of her thong to the class when she bent  down to pick up a pen. 

Lunch was filled with Cole, Zach and I playing three way Tick- Tack toe, it was strange how seeing Zach being his normal sarcastic self since that side of him had been buried for three years. 

I even noticed that he was letting his bleached blonde died hair grow out, I could see the small splattering of ginger hair at his roots. 

Cole seems happier than usual, he didn’t even have a girl on his lap during lunch.  

Elliott was at school , I noticed his presence  during science, he was wearing his uniform in the same disheveled manner as always I could see the imprint of his Mads Mikkelson shirt through his white dress shirt, he had prominent dark circles under his eyes and his hair was sticking out randomly. His lips were a dark purple, different from his usual bright red, they were swollen almost.  

He stood at the front of the door holding his blazer over his shoulder and his bag on the other. 

Chantelle Lavesque tumbled in after him giggling wildly. 

The smile I didn’t realize I had slowly dripped off my face as I noticed her purple lipstick smudged and her just fucked hair. 

She grabbed Elliott's arm and he flinched away violently, she pouted and he wrapped an arm round her leading them over to their lab station. 

I narrowed my eyes and glared at the paper in front of me. 

I couldn't concentrate on how to write the chemical formula of Lithium Carbonate, West nudged me when he slid into his seat and he smiled at me. 

That all wholesome boy smile that frankly upset me, why was he always so happy? 

"Hey," He said and leaned in to kiss my cheek. 

I was caught off guard and froze in my place, I clenched my jaw, does he not know what personal space is? 

"Hello." 

"What are you doing?" He asked and he was unfazed by my cold greeting. 

I pointed to the questions on the board. 

"I was wondering if you want to come over after school, we can hang out for a bit."  

"Sure." I say not prying my eyes from my page. 

"Are you okay Riles?" 

"Yep."" 

West settled on his questions and I was thankful for him shutting up,  didn't want to talk to him. 

And deep down I knew why my attitude towards West was so bitter. 

It was because as I watched Elliott's hand hold his lab partners thigh reassuringly, I wanted him back. 

Even though he was never mine. 

Mr.Hysons cell phone went off and I think we were all surprised, he never got phone calls or texts. 

He smiled and mouthed 'Girl friend' to us and our jaws dropped as well as a good population of our classes hearts. 

I look at the class, estimating that we are already halfway through class.