Weeds - Chapter Thirty Two

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

I bit down on my lower lip trying to hold the tears back. 

I let my straightened hair fall around my face so that no one could see my emotional state. 

Just get through this class. 

I started writing down chemical equations but all I could focus on was the fact that I wasn't the only one that had cheated, West had too. 

West sat beside me and I knew he knew, that I knew.  

The buzzing of this mornings topic was how West had been 'dating' me all because of some joke, a challenge. 

I wasn't just hurt by the fact that our short lived relationship was a lie but I was completely and utterly humiliated.  

People had pointed and laughed, hell there were a lot of freaking flyers hung around the school.  

The part that hit home the most was during lunch, I had been eating my sandwich when the news was announced, Bridget had gotten up on a lunch table and announced to the world that West had asked her out weeks ago and that as a challenge he had to 'date' me first. 

My own sister. 

When the bell rung I couldn’t hold back my anger or was it hurt? 

I always told myself that Bridget couldn't be trusted, that there was no such thing as her being good but every fucking time she knew exactly how to break me 

People were laughing at me and it wasn’t a layer that I could peel off, they were laughing at the actual me. 

I pushed through the crowd of people, ignoring the yellow flyers with pictures of West and I made a beeline for the exit. 

I burst through the door and I took in a deep breath of air, and I dully noted that freezing rain was pouring and I laughed bitterly at mother natures perfect timing. 

I walked through the flats making my way to the forest, I didn’t want people to see me. 

The forest was less rainy and I huddled under a tree, bringing my knees up to my chest I ignored the mud that was seeping through my uniform. 

I let out a flustered , muffled scream and buried my head in my arms. 

I let the tears run freely under my eyes because my hair and face were already soaked by the rainfall. 

I started digging through my bag and grabbed my keys, I hesitated , staring at the pink painted key. 

If I did this I knew it would only lead to more, it had been hard enough to stop the first time. 

With a louder sob I placed the tip of the sharp key on to the center of my inner forearm. 

"What the fuck are you doing?"  

I dropped the keys and my head shot up to meet a pair of blazing brown ones, a deep part of me I tried to ignore had been hoping for blue ones. 

I violently rubbed my eyes on my sleeves getting rid of the tears, "Uh, nothing?" 

"Riley, what the fuck were you doing?" Cole said in a deceptively quiet voice. 

I stood up shakily, "Mind your own business."  

"No, what the fuck were you doing?" 

"Why the fuck did you follow me? Are you a fucking stalker?" I yell and open my eyes largely, I toke a step forward, "Huh? Cole?"