Weeds - Chapter Twenty One

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

I squeezed my lips into a thin line letting Elliott lead us through the alley. 

When we reached the back entrance there were people smoking and chatting , most likely they were crew. 

When we got to the bouncer Elliott handed him a few Benjamin Franklins and his ID. When the bulky guy handed Elliott his ID I grabbed it from his pale fingers. 

I studied the picture of Elliott, he was a wearing a dark black polo and his freckles were much more prominent. 

I checked the birth date trying to see what age he had set when he got this fake ID.  

The date that was neatly printed in black Ariel font would signify he would be turning twenty on October thirty first. I examined the state stamp, it looked very real. 

"Where did you get this?" I asked looking up ,"It looks totally legit." 

"Well that's because it is." 

"Yeah right, just tell me." 

"I'm serious." 

"No you're not ." 

"Are you calling me a liar?" He was suddenly much  more serious, his eyes looked much more menacing and icy because of the eye liner. 

"No, but you're lying. It's impossible for you to already be turning twenty," 

"I'm nineteen now, the only logical age I could achieve on my birthday is twenty." 

"So you're telling me that not only do you resemble a vampire but you're birth date is on Halloween?" 

He shrugged, he grabbed my hand in his intertwining our fingers and I couldn't help but wonder why he was suddenly so  comfortable with me. 

He lead me through a small door onto the floor grounds, he secured himself behind me, guiding us through the sea of people. 

He stopped at the front row, and I noticed that the seating arrangement was first come first serve. He didn't move from behind me, instead he gripped the railing in front of me, making a barrier between us and the rowdy people around. I was glad because from the décor I could feel a mosh pit was going to start at one point, and from the time I  broke my arm because I thought I could handle a mosh I was not looking forward to being trampled in one again. 

I could feel a few women bumping into Elliott and I doubted it was by accident. 

Elliott leaned in so that his head was resting on my shoulder, I liked that he was taller then me, unlike West who was the same height as me. Being five foot nine could be an issue. 

The spray painted wall indicated that the band performing was called Indigo Shades. 

Four guys and a girl walked onto stage, the girl taking the mic. 

I wasn't paying attention although I could hear her voice echo into the small crowd, her eyes grew alarmed at something when she looked in our direction but it soon calmed into an almost loving expression.  

She smiled at the crowd , "It looks like we have a special guest here today, do any of you guys remember our old drummer? Well he's in the crowd tonight!" 

A loud wail of screams and wolf whistles echoed and I tried to be ignorant , but I couldn't. I knew that she was talking about Elliott, he had said he played drums, he had said he was in a band and she had smiled in our direction. If that wasn’t proof I didn't know what was.