Weeds - Chapter Thirty Five

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

The sound of Taylor Swift's newest song blasted from the alarm clock beside me, groggily I reached out and tapped around trying to shut it off.  

Opening my eyes because the sound did not subside, I took in my surroundings, Elliott's arm was draped over my stomach, his hand mere millimeters from my breast 

He was laying on his front, his head positioned half on the pillow and half on the mattress, I carefully lifted his hand down and I was surprised by how heavy it was. 

The movement seemed to disturb Elliott's sleep and I froze as his eyes fluttered open, he flipped onto his back and stretched out beside me, "Morning." He mumbled but I was too concentrated on the ripple of the muscle on his torso when the sheet slid down and his shirt rid up. 

"Morning, what time is it?" I asked, feeling un-tired. 

"Five am." 

"Five am?!" I groaned, I should be asleep. 

"Yeah its my jogging time," He stood up and grabbed a pile of clothes from a drawer and went into the bathroom. 

I got up since I was no longer tired, I was surprised at this notion because we had only slept three and a half hours. 

I got up and headed over to the kitchen, my mouth tasted disgusting and I knew I had a bad case of morning breath, looking over to the bathroom I made sure the door was closed. 

I went to the kitchen sink and squirted some dish soap into my mouth, I looked back at the bathroom, still closed door. 

I leaned down to get water and began swishing the water in my mouth and used my finger as  a brush until I could get a proper chance to brush my teeth. 

Don’t judge me, if you were in my place with a hot guy meters from you and your breath smelled like old burgers and a milk shake you would do the same. 

I spit out , rinsed my mouth and the sink before setting out to make us a cup of tea. 

I grabbed two mugs and the boiling water, setting a bag of cherry tea with lemon in each when Elliott came out, teeth brushed and a tight red Nike shirt clinging to his upper body. He wore a pair of black running shorts and running shoes.  

He took a seat at one of the stools and I slid him his tea, he wrapped his hands around the mug and smiled at me, "Thanks." 

"No worries." I leaned on the counter and took a sip of my tea, "Hey would you mind if I took a shower while you go out for a jog?" 

He shook his head, "Sure, towels are in the closet in the bathroom and well- clothes are in the closet, but Ill go over to Jakes after my jog and borrow a uniform from Ghost for you." 

I nodded, "Okay." 

He finished off his tea and placed it in the sink before giving me a nod and exiting the apartment. 

I sighed and set off for the day. 

By the time Elliott came back, I was washed, dried and waiting for the last waffle to pop out of the toaster. 

"I hope you don’t mind, I went through your food." 

He smirked and whipped his forehead with the side of his arm, he was dripping in sweat and his hair was sticking to his face. 

He placed a paper bag on the counter and climbed up the metal railing to the bathroom and I heard the shower turn on. 

I grabbed the bag and headed over to the room to get changed.