Weeds - Chapter Thirteen

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

I picked up a card from the red deck of cards in front of me.

“Do you have a queen?” He asked.

“Nope. Go fish.”

He stretched out his arm picking up a card, his arm clad in a light pink dress shirt. A warm beam of sun flashed through the window warming my face, I smiled.

We were currently sitting on the floor of West's dorm  our legs crossed; it was about two hours to lunch on Sunday.

“Riley,” He hesitated, “Do you have a two?”

I smiled nodding, I handed him my card and I asked him if he had a four. I had to ‘Go Fish.’

I had never been inside West's dorm or any Stinson’s dorm besides Ghosts for that matter.  The boy’s rooms were just as standard as the girls, medium sized room with a bunk bed and single parallel from each other, a mini fridge and three closets.

The walls were painted a light crème color.

When we were counting up the pairs at the end of the game I only had two while West had twenty-four.

I leaned back onto the floor, “You cheated.”

“No I didn’t.” He said leaning on the floor behind him.

My hair was in a ponytail meaning that it was gliding to the side of my head from the pleasure of my heads weight reclining on it.

Today was Sunday, which meant that Elliott and I no longer had to go anywhere together; I probably wouldn’t see him around much besides at school.

“Where are your room mates?” I asked.

“They’re shooting hoops, one of them should be back soon.”

I nodded even though he couldn’t see me. I was currently wearing a lot of purple thanks to it being laundry day and I having to borrow an outfit from Bridget.

“Hey Riley?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you and Cole a thing?”

I scoffed, “No.”

He sighed, “Good.”

It was odd how I had known West since eight grade and he had been my lap partner since freshman science and we had never exchanged a set of words until less than four weeks ago.

I just couldn’t help but wonder if there was an ulterior motive.

I shook my head at my insanity; of course there wasn’t any ulterior motive.

The doorknob jiggled and in walked a guy. He had dark skin and an undeniably amazing body, his arms were toned muscles bulging, his muscle shirt was drenched and clung to his torso. I'm pretty sure I drooled.

“Riley this is my roommate Darren, Darren this is my… friend- Riley.” West introduced.

“Pleasure to meet your acquaintance,” I said robotically swallowing my drool. Was it possible to have such incredible arms?

“Nice to meet you.” He smiled walking over to one of the closets. He opened the door taking out a shirt and basketball shorts.

I turned my attention back to West; I suggested we go on a walk. He complied.

As we walked down the hallway there were a lot of guys running past us crushing each other into the walls laughing, most of them greeted West giving me weird looks. I guess it was odd seeing someone like me with someone like him.