Weeds - Chapter Twenty nine

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

I sighed before dropping onto Elliott's bed. 

I feel like an idiot. 

I am an Idiot. 

"Then what is the problem." 

Elliott sighed and dropped down beside me, leaning so that his arms laid above his head, "Well first you're dating West." 

Okay so maybe that was a valid reason. 

"Second you're drunk." 

Semi valid reason. 

"Third your underage." 

Non valid reason. 

"Why does my age matter?"  I asked trying not to sulk. 

"It just does." He mumbled and his voice was almost harsh. 

"Elliott." 

"Riley." 

"Why does it matter?" 

He grumbled, "It matters because you're not legal , that’s why, and I don’t care if its by a day, you're still underage." 

He pronounced every word almost emphasizing. 

It took me a while for my drunk brain to but the pieces together. Elliott, underage, sex, Maureen. 

I groaned loudly before turning myself so that I was on my side facing Elliott, "I'm sorry okay?  I'm a jerk but in my defense you should already know that." 

"Do you remember that Christmas that Kirk and I came to visit you guys?" 

How could I forget? He was the cutest little kid I had ever seen. I nodded. 

"I had the biggest crush on you back then." He said laughing, "I would have never imagined myself protesting towards your advances." 

"My advances?" Was he seriously making it seem like I was the only one who wanted something to happen? 

He laughed, "I'm joking." I liked the sound of his laugh, "But I'm serious, you were the prettiest girl I had ever seen." 

It was my turn to laugh, "Because head gears are so attractive." 

Elliott scrunched up his eyebrows, "I thought it was cute." 

Yeah, alright. 

"Are we cool?" He asked slowly, as if he were unsure. 

I smiled, "We're cool." I stretched out the cool because I hesitated on weather or not I wanted to know my following question, "On one condition." 

"Shoot." 

"Tell me about the person you like." I clenched my eyes shut as I waited for him to react. 

"Why?" 

"I'm curious." 

"Okay." He said slowly, "Well it’s a she." I had never been more thankful for anything than that response and I didn’t know why. 

"She's  understanding, she knows when enough is enough. It’s the little things she does that get to me if Im honest, she has this thing where she peels the skin on her top lip when she's nervous and I want to stop her from doing that because its hurting her but I like seeing her do it because it’s a part of her. I mean- I know nothing on earth is perfect, but she's so close." He sighed, "She likes me for me, even if its just as a friend. She thinks she's funny and I think that’s adorable, I don’t know,-" He was getting slightly flustered, he was embarrassed but he kept going anyways, "I was a really hateful person before I met her, and its because of her that I've fallen in love with the world."