Weeds - Chapter Twenty Eight

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Elliott and I had become more and more distant over the course of two weeks. 

We had barely spoken any words since that night two weeks ago when he fell asleep in my bed. 

 I had received news from my mom that since Elliott's birthday was coming up he would be moving out. 

I was more than a little upset that he hadn’t told me himself but I knew that he didn’t owe me any explanation. 

Things with my dad had gone back to normal with him going back to New York but he would come down for Christmas, Bridget was happy. 

West and I were an official couple and things with him were going great, really. He was kind and attentive, funny and gentle, everything anyone could ever need. 

Cole was getting through his own life and I had made more of an effort to be there for him, although he hadn’t opened up about anything. 

It was two days before Halloween and I was sitting in m usual place in social sciences staring at the clock, maybe Elliott would show up today, it was in fact the another check in where we got to answer questions on our partners. 

It was exactly 13 seconds before the bell rang when Elliott walked through the door. He hadn’t been to school in two weeks. 

I had a feeling it was because he was avoiding someone, namely ,me. 

His hair was wet as if he had just taken a shower and his white dress shirt was half tucked in to his shirt while his collar was half flipped up and his tie was hanging loosely in a sexy knot. 

Mr.Kerrs permanently judgmental face turned to Elliott the moment he entered I swear every girl in the classroom let out a sigh when their greedy eyes groped him. Hoes. 

“Mr. Preston glad you could join us.” 

“Speak for yourself.” Elliott muttered as he took his seat beside mine and I noticed how he smelt like mint, water and strawberries 

I didn’t greet him, mainly because he hadn’t acknowledged my presence. 

Mr.Kerr handed us the pieces of paper and I wrote my name at the top with Elliott’s below it. 

First question: What is your partners middle name? 

I was surprised at how quickly I scribbled down James. 

Second question: What is your partner most likely to order if you go out to lunch at Annie's? 

Annie's was our towns local Burger, and fry place. I had tried to get a job there once but apparently you have to have good social skills to be a waitress. 

I jotted down a veggie burger and fries with extra ketchup along with a strawberry milkshake. 

Third question: Celebrity crush? 

Well that was easy I thought as I wrote down Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell. 

I turned my paper over and placed it on the corner of my desk where Mr.Kerr collected it. 

When everyone had handed in their papers we were instructed that we would be playing a gave called two Stars one wish, of course knowing Mr.Kerr he had added his own little twist where he decided when it was our turn we had to stand up and give our Two stars one wish about our partners for the entire class to win.