Shock, Grief, Closure (Investigating Fives's Death pt1)

Hello and welcome back, my lovelies! I'm back, just as promised. It has been a rollercoaster of a semester these past 4 months. And while I'm tempted to rant about my experiences, I won't delay this chapter any further. Enjoy. :)

It's always more difficult for the ones left behind

There were many things of wonder in this galaxy. Like why are there such a vast majority of planets? How does the Senate always suck at decision-making? What kind of shampoo does the Chancellor use?

And what kind of food poisoning would cause you to be stuck in the washroom for the past 20 minutes!?

Or so Compass thought.

"21 minutes now," Compass grumbled under his breath.

Clones and Kaminoans passed to and fro, all too busy to notice the fact the occupied light for this private restroom has been on for the past 21 minutes or so. If it wasn't for Compass and a plateful of 2-day-old-bread that caused a must-use-nearest-toilet-to-me emergency, that fact would've still gone unnoticed.

Tick. Another minute passed by.

"Alright, this is ridiculous!" Compass got up from leaning against the pristine wall and walked across the hall towards the restroom door. He pounded loudly against it. "Hello? Hello, you doing ok in there, buddy? You've been in there for pretty long. Should I call a doctor? Hello?"

But there was no answer.

Just when Compass was ready to leave and get a doctor, another person of authority turned the corner. It was Shaak Ti.

Compass quickly went up to her. "General! General Shaak Ti!"

The Togruta Jedi Master stopped in her tracks and turned to Compass politely. "What is it, soldier?"

"Ok, so. Um. I'm not sure if this qualifies as an 'emergency' per se, but well...um...sigh." Compass pointed to the restroom door behind him. "Whoever's in there has been in there for the past 22 minutes. Twenty. Two. Minutes. And well, I'm a little concerned about whatever's going on in there. Actually, I'm very concerned about whatever's going on in there."

Shaak Ti looked at Compass. Then at the closed restroom door. She pondered for a second. "Hmm."

Curious about this situation, Shaak Ti walked up to the private restroom. She knocked on the door. "Hello? Anyone in there?"

"Yeah, I already tried that," Compass said as Shaak Ti leaned closer towards the door. "I don't think that'll work..."

Suddenly, a feeling of dread erupted inside of Shaak Ti and her eyes went wide. In an instant, she flung the restroom door down with a single push of the Force. Compass—and everyone who was present in the hallway—couldn't believe what they just saw.

"General Shaak Ti, what are you—"

His shock immediately died out. And was replaced by another shock of even greater calibre, by what he saw on the other side: Dogma. Sprawled and unconscious on the pristine white washroom floor.

"DOGMA!"

~ O O O ~

Steele was tired. The past few days have been nothing but a pain for him. Well for him and every single leading officer of the entire army. Ever since the recent mess of events involving two clones from the 501st, all officers were tasked to keep a watchful eye over the activities of their men.