Attachment (Investigating Fives's Death pt4)

Care, don't be cared for; protect, don't be protected; love, don't fall in love

A few of the Council Masters went to the Senate, demanding another audience with the Chancellor. But as usual, he refused to speak to them about the matter of Master Tiplar, Tup, and Fives, until things have settled down.

"This is starting to seem extremely suspicious," Mace expressed to the others while traveling down from the Chancellor's office to the first floor of the Senate. It was now nightfall, so the lights of Coruscant shone brightly through the main entranceways.

"You're only starting to see that now?" Obi-Wan asked in false amusement.

"Of course not. But if I were to say it earlier then it would've caused nothing but more trouble for us," Mace explained. "We'll just have to wait until those cross-examinations are finished. Then we can see for sure if there was a parasite that infected the clones in the first place."

Kit Fisto disliked the idea they had to contact people of other worlds to get answers their own government isn't providing for them. "It's just one big problem after the over. Over and over and over again, until this war ends."

Walking at the front, Master Yoda agreed dejectedly. "Fallen upon us, many tragedies have. The war, the bombing, the mysterious deaths of three unfortunate souls. Many good people, friends, and Jedi, we lost to the tragedies."

Many lives lost or ruined. The victims of the Temple bombing. The clones involved in the Umbara Operation. The fallen Padawan Barriss Offee. The lost Padawan Ahsoka Tano...

"Makes you wonder, who'll be next," Mace said ominously while shaking his head.

"Let us hope there will be no 'next,'" Plo countered, sounding more affirmative than appropriate.

But it was something the Masters all agreed with. Though unfortunately, they have no control over what's to happen down the line.

~ O O O ~

After escaping from the lab through a vent that so just conveniently had another opening over a storage room, Dogma, Compass, and Egad eagerly checked out the contents of the inhibitor chip report. They knew they had come to a huge turning point.

"We've struck gold!" Dogma whisper-shouted, while inserting the datachip containing the report into his datapad. "I'm telling you, we've struck gold!"

"I'm just shocked the break-in and exit plan worked," Egad breathed out.

"Of course it worked! I'm a genius, the commander said so," Compass argued.

Egad wasn't convinced. "Eh. That's debatable."

"Guys, huddle around! I've got it up!" Dogma gestured for them to come over to his side of the table. They were currently in a break room inside their barracks. Rarely anyone came here. "Let's see what the 'good doctor' has hidden in here."

Dogma displayed the contents of the document for all of them to see.

Now, in the safety of their break room, the trio were able to read anything they wish to read. And to re-read it if needed. It was a long but highly organized report. Every keyword had a reference link to another section in the document that explained it more clearly, making the clones' work in interpretation a lot easier.

Eventually, they believed they read enough to get the main picture of what biochips are for.

"Three reasons." Dogma began summarizing, "Number one: to provide sanity and a strong-mentality in handling the trauma of war. Number two: to prevent any breaks from conditioning, so the rate of rogues or deserters in the army would be in the down-low. Number three: to ensure absolute obedience in deploying emergency Republic orders."