Storming the base (Clone Force 99 pt8)

There are many shades of grey

The invasion was commencing as planned. Aliyah and a large fraction of her forces were going in from the front entrance, pushing back any retaliation they encounter.

Plo, Wolffe, and several of their men leapt down from the clifftop onto the roof. They cut their way into the building and stopped anyone from attempting to use the backside exits, forcing them to flee towards the front.

Kal and the remaining troopers ran to the location of the hangar. They immediately seized control of it and prepared for anyone else who would attempt to escape from here.

The Bad Batch entered through the front with Aliyah and eventually got the point where they needed to split up, according to the route drawn to them by their captive engineer.

"We'll go down from here and get to the interrogation room," Hunter said to Aliyah. "If the commander's still in there, we should be back before you have this whole place subdued."

"If he's there..." Aliyah repeated ominously while deflecting another bolt.

"Don't worry too much, general. We'll get your 'treasured one' back one way or the other."

"Yeah you'd better—wait! Who told you about that?"

"See you in a bit!" Hunter said before running down the hall with the rest of his squad.

A somewhat speechless Aliyah was left to continue pushing back the retaliating forces with her troopers. From the corner of her ear, she could hear Dogma telling Compass in between blaster shots, "Think she'll refuse to let you die this time?"

"Heh. Ask me again once the battle's won. If I'm still alive, you know your answer."

~ O O O ~

All over the hideout, people were running around in panic. Droids and guards were deployed to handle the Republic invaders, but it only slowed down the inevitable. A few Separatist Senators met up together in their scurry to escape to safety.

"How did this happen?" One asked.

"I'd like to know too!" Another added.

"That clone we captured! Think he somehow brought them here?"

"How could he? He was tied up this whole time!"

"Ugh! Someone just call Kerch already and ask him what to do!" Atell demanded.

Nodding in agreement, one of the assistants took out their commlink and attempted to contact Kushi.

Seconds later, Kushi answered. "Hello?"

"Senator Kushi, we—"

Atell took over the commlink. "—Where are you right now, Kerch? We're under attack!"

"I'm well aware of that."

"So what are you doing right now? Don't tell me you're abandoning us!"

"Not abandoning. Just doing what I need to for the sake of democracy."

"Kerch!"

"Don't do anything you'll regret. Chances are the Jedi leading this attack will more than likely take you all in alive. Or so that's what our captive clone commander says."

"You really believe him—!?"

"—If you value your life more than our cause, then feel free to take that chance. I'm willing to put my life on the line."