Facing the Jedi Council (Intro pt12)

Don't just plan to overthrow a leader. Plan for who to replace them with as well.

Plo Koon arrived back on Coruscant nice and early. He immediately went to his chamber.

"Steele, are you...?" Plo stopped mid-sentence.

As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted to an interesting sight.

Steele was fast asleep at the table. And next to him, sat Aliyah, also fast asleep. Both were completely unaware of Plo's presence.

Plo quickly walked up to the pair and tapped Aliyah's free shoulder. "'Liyah, wake up."

Aliyah blinked several times to clear her vision. She smiled upon seeing Plo. "Welcome back, Master."

"Let's talk outside," Plo said softly.

"Ok."

The two went out to be halls. Plo didn't know how to ask Aliyah why she was in his chamber last night. Luckily, he didn't have to.

"Master, I should explain what you saw back there," Aliyah said.

Plo nodded. "Please do."

"Steele told me the truth behind losing his vision last night. It wasn't sustained in battle at all. General Krell violently beat him after the 304th's first deployment! He's the one behind it!"

"What?" Plo almost lost his voice. "I—I...can't believe this."

He held his head in shock. Aliyah understood his reaction. She was just like that last night.

"Believe it. After he told me that, I couldn't just leave him alone. He seemed so broken. He asked to not go. So I stayed with him the entire night."

Now Plo understood. "I see. This is a monstrous act done by Krell. Those poor clones. The first time they get deployed, they witness their commander lose his sight at the hands of their general."

"Which is why we're finalizing the decision to remove that general. Today." Aliyah said in a determined voice.

~ O O O ~

The 304th woke up disheartened. A new day. Another warehouse to raid. And more crap to take from their general.

Kal led the clones towards their next attack location. His eye still aches from Krell's punches nights ago. But he's grateful that his vision's still intact.

"When will this be over?" He said out loud.

"I don't know," a clone trooper behind him answered. He walked next to Kal. "But I know we'll make it through this. All of us."

The warehouse soon came into view. Kal stopped before they got too close. "I sure hope so."

They prepared for the attack.

~ O O O ~

Shaak Ti stepped off the fleet that took her from Kamino to Coruscant. She was greeted by Plo and Aliyah below.

"Welcome back to the Temple, Master," Aliyah bowed her head.

"Thank you. It's good to be back."

"We must be ready," Plo stepped forward. "I've already called the Council to discuss the removal of Krell today. And I mentioned Aliyah will be joining."

Aliyah bit her lip nervously. "This is it. This is what I've been waiting for."

"We'll be right behind you. Every step of the way." Shaak Ti put a comforting hand on Aliyah's back.