So, what was your life before? (Interlude)

Warning: This chapter may contain sensitive content that's not comfortable for some readers. I've put a *** to mark where that part begins and ends.

Your origins don't define you

"Ha!" A youngling propelled off the Temple wall towards Aliyah.

His lightsaber in hand.

Aliyah dodged it with ease. The youngling, a little Rhodian, stumbled upon landing on the ground.

From the sidelines, his two classmates charged in. Synchronizing their attacks to knock Aliyah off balance.

But she blocked their attacks with her lightsaber. Then countered with a Force push.

The Rhodian got back to his feet. He saw his classmates, a female Gungan and a male human, get knocked back. That made him more determined.

"Come on, guys! Let's get serious!" He encouraged them.

"Right!" His classmates agreed.

Aliyah smiled as she put her lightsaber away, levelling the playing field a little. She's ready to defend herself against these three young challengers.

The younglings commenced the fight. They were careful to avoid Aliyah's Force pulls and pushes. And at the same time, they launched an endless wave of lightsaber jabs at her blindsides.

From above, Steele watched with interest. The Gungan girl plants a close strike at Aliyah's head.

"Close one!" She praised.

By now, the younglings have found a potential path to victory. They're trying to ruin her concentration since her primary offense right now was the Force.

Though they've discovered a weakness, the younglings were beginning to tire. But they still weren't willing to give up.

With the direction of the Rhodian, they launched one last all-out attack. It was coordinated and well-timed.

But it wasn't enough.

Aliyah disarmed them one by one, and then carefully Force pushed them away. She tightened the rope belt around her waist.

"Not bad, kids." She went up to lend a hand. "Anyone hurt?"

"No..." The Rhodian groaned as Aliyah helped him up. "So, do we pass?"

Aliyah looked at the two other younglings. Then looked up, and saw Steele.

He tapped his wrist to say it's time to go. Aliyah nodded.

"I'll let you guys know later." She waved them goodbye.

Steele waited until she reached his side. Then they began walking away together.

"What's the update?" She asked.

"Some folks at the Senate don't like Dogma's last report," Steele revealed.

"Sigh. Are you kidding me?"

"I wish I was. Anyways, I tried handling the situation but man they're stubborn! Why is it that politicians are always on either end of the spectrum but never in between?"

Aliyah waved her hand. "It's fine, you did enough. Take a rest, I'll handle these stubborn sons of banthas."

"Thanks," Steele looked behind them at the place where Aliyah was fighting the younglings. "By the way, why were you with those kids?"