The 304th (Intro pt15)

Even the darkest nightmares fade, once morning comes

"LET GO OF HIM!" The hologram Steele cried.

The entire Jedi Council was gathered for a meeting. They just watched the entire hologram recording of Krell's fight with Steele. Now, they were replaying significant events.

"Pause it there," Yoda commanded Obi-Wan, who was controlling the player.

The footage stopped. And the entire Council could see a hologram of Krell holding Kal in a Force-choke. Headshakes and mutters came from the Masters.

"Fast forward," Yoda said.

Obi-Wan sped through the footage until Yoda told him to pause again. This time, they were looking at Steele holding Krell's lightsaber. Ready to kill him with it.

Once again, all the Masters expressed shock and disgust.

Yoda never felt so much disappointment. "That is enough. Thank you, Master Kenobi."

Obi-Wan turned the hologram player off. The place brightened and all the Masters turned their attention to Krell. He stood in the centre of the room.

"Why, Krell?" Mace Windu asked. "Why harm your own men?"

Krell answered in a calm tone. "Because I let my desire for victory blind me. It's wrong and I know that now. Forgive me, Masters."

"Victory can be blinding, especially in war times. But it's still no excuse." Oppo Rancisis stroked his chin thoughtfully.

"Agreed." Kit Fisto sat forward. "I understand that war is hard. And maybe I could accept that. But blinding your own commander? That's just cruel!"

"It's beyond cruel," Even Piell supported.

"That is something I'll never forgive myself for," Krell said monotonously.

"Tell that to Steele," Shaak Ti retorted. Her voice was icy and sarcastic. "I'm sure he'll accept your apology."

Yoda tapped his cane on the floor to get everyone's attention. "Afraid the Jedi would come to this, I was. But since it has happened. A viable punishment, we must give."

"If it were up to me, I'd have expelled you from the Order." Plo Koon confessed. "But fortunately for you, it's not."

"The Council believes in second chances," Mace explained. "Which is why we're going to try and reform you. Until then, you have no right to command clones as a general. Nor will you return your old legion once released."

"Taken over your role as general of the 304th, Aliyah Korentayer has," Yoda confirmed.

Krell held back a scoff. "You believe she can deliver better results?"

"We believe she can prevent an uprising amongst your clones," Mace corrected. "As we all saw from the hologram, they can only be pushed so far before they started fighting back. Your commander's proof of that."

Everyone in the Council agreed. And soon, Krell was taken away to a facility for Jedi who had almost gone rogue.

The Masters left one by one. Only a couple remained to continue talking. They were all relieved that this problem was finally solved.

After all, the last thing they wanted was the clones turning against the Jedi.

If Krell was left undealt with. Eventually, the entire army would've heard about the 304th's suffering.

This would've led to dissension. Clones would've questioned why they're fighting for a government who's always been so indifferent towards them. And before long, a mass-desertion would take place.