'Perfect' Plan (Final pt8)

The first step towards victory is a plan

Back at the place the legion was setting up as temporary camp, Steele was doing a head count of everyone whom they've gathered back from the original rendezvous point. It was nearing the whole division, excluding the troopers who were still out searching for missing stragglers.

Steele patted the head of each recently retrieved soldier from the rendezvous. They sat still, while being treated water and rations. "18...19...20...alright, that's it for this group. Who's still out?"

Lux walked up and answered, "The squad being led by the soldier you call Dogma. I think they're still looking for more."

Ahsoka was next to him. "As soon as they're back, it'll be everyone. Then we can continue with our plan of attack and pinpointing where Trench is."

Steele nodded in approval. He looked around the area, glad at the sight of everyone being back together at last. Off to the side of the camp, Aliyah and a few clone officers were speaking with the ex-Separatists, discussing possible areas Trench was holding out at. Steele was glad things are somewhat looking up.

"Thanks," he said. "I really can't appreciate enough of your help. Especially you, kid. Oh wait, sorry—how exactly do you want me to address you from here on out?"

Ahsoka held back a little laugh. "First name basis is just fine."

"You sure? I mean—"

"Yeah." Ahsoka waved her hand nonchalantly. "Don't worry about it."

The three folks were about to head to the meeting place where Aliyah was when more soldiers returned. It was Dogma and his squad, and they had a prisoner in hand. Everyone turned to look at them in shock.

"Sir! We found this Tw'ilek wandering in from the rendezvous point!" Dogma announced to Steele, holding Dr. Elav by cuffs in front of him. "He appears to be a doctor working closely with Admiral Trench."

Lux, and the Separatists from the meeting area, walked over to take a closer look. They couldn't believe their eyes.

"Dr. Rol Elav?" Lux exclaimed.

The entire legion and Ahsoka looked at their Separatist allies in confusion. Steele looked back to the Twi'lek prisoner—Dr. Rol Elav—and tried to assess him for they typical signs of POW fear. But the only things he saw on the doctor was pain, anger, and cynicism. He didn't seem scared at all.

~ O O O ~

Dr. Elav was brought to the meeting spot, surrounded by people who will question him for anything useful. At the Senators' behest, Steele did not have the doctor tied up, as he would for any prisoner. But he did have the doctor guarded on either side by Dogma and Egad. Lux initiated the talk.

"What are you doing here, doctor?" He asked.

"I could say the same for you, Bonteri," Dr. Elav answered, sitting on his makeshift rock chair.

Senator Kron Kushi crossed his arms. "Last we heard, you were sent out on a relief mission to Agamar."

"Ha!" Dr. Elav laughed sarcastically. "Is that what's being passed around Parliament?"

"Yes, but it seems ike the story's been now debunked," said Kron Kushi.

"So you were here this whole time?" Lux asked.

"What does it look like, Senator?" Dr. Elav threw back.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry—but, can we get a little more context here?" Steele gestured to Aliyah, his fellow clone soldiers, and Ahsoka, all of whom looked a bit lost to what was going on.