Knowledge vs. Power (Investigating Fives's Death pt8)

Those who know the truth are a danger to those who hold unlimited power

Nala Se had arrived on Coruscant. She was immediately escorted to the Chancellor's office where she is to meet with him prior to the time of their 'formal discussion' with the rest of the Jedi Council. Though she was curious as to why she was ordered to bring along an entire team of medical workers with her.

"Chancellor," Nala Se greeted upon entering the office. "My company and I have arrived. Why exactly did you need them here for?"

Palpatine didn't turn around from the window he was looking out of. He answered Nala Se with his back turned to her and everyone else, "Take them to the intensive care ward of the medical bay. The clone designated as CC-1010 is currently there. See what they can...do for his 'current condition.'"

"In your call, you said that he was in a near vegetative state," Nala Se said. "How did that come to happen?"

"That is none of your concern." Palpatine turned around from the window and looked at the lot of Kaminoans harshly.

He did what he had to to get the truth out of that clone and even more so to make sure he wouldn't remember what happened to him. It was a risky move: exerting that much Force influence to the point of near mind destruction and it was a move Palpatine did not wish to do again. But ever since Lama Su showed him the security footage of the two clones rummaging about in search of contingency orders...

Palpatine lowered his glare and flicked his wrist at the medical workers. "Just see if you can restore him back to normalcy. Or at least as close to normalcy as can be."

Nala Se immediately complied and ordered her medical workers to go treat the near vegetative Fox in the intensive unit ward. Now, it was just her and the Chancellor of the Republic. Speaking on matters of high confidentiality.

"The Jedi would recognize Force influence damage when they see it. Best heal the clone quickly," Palpatine warned.

"It will be done, Your Excellency," Nala Se promised.

"Good." Palpatine walked up closer. "Now, onto more important matters. Have you provided the list of designation numbers to the Senate Guards as tasked?"

Nala Se nodded. "Yes. The list of designation numbers corresponding to officers of Sergeant or higher has been provided to them. They can now easily identify any clone within a 5 feet distance. And know if it's one of their prime targets for arrest."

"And the clone designated as CT-7701?" Palpatine made sure not to leave this part out. For this was key to his plan. "Have you put him underway?"

Nala Se recalled Lama Su confirming to her that 304th clone captain, CT-7701, was indeed handled with earlier this morning. She nodded again, "Yes. Everything is set in motion at this point."

"Not everything yet." The air turned chilly as Palpatine paced about his office, running over every nook-and-cranny of his counterplan to this most recent disturbance. "You're positive the clone designated as CC-3484 has been in touch with his general while here?"

"Absolutely." Nala Se said with a confidence she rarely had in the face of Palpatine. "When you mentioned to me on call about the warehouse scuffle, I wasn't surprised at all to hear he was the perpetrator."

"And why is that?" Palpatine questioned.

Nala Se put her hands together. "Let's just say...it is highly suspected that he harbours feelings of infatuation towards his close Jedi colleague."

A small chuckle formed at the base of Palpatine's throat. And gradually grew into obvious laughter. He shook his head, clearly amused. "First, it was one clone who took after his general a bit too much. Now, we have another one, who appears to have fallen in love with his." Palpatine walked past a silent Nala Se, darkness emitting from him. "What do you have to say to this?"