Separatist Hideout (Clone Force 99 pt5)

Take the second chance for compatibility

"Kerch Kushi. Former Separatist Senator," Hunter explained as he displayed the holographic image of a green-skinned humanoid. "He's the mastermind behind this."

"Is that what you got from the triggered room?" Aliyah asked.

"Yes, general."

"What do we know about him so far?"

Tech took over. "He's an idealist and joined the CIS before the war's outbreak. But somewhere between the event of the failed peace initiative and now, he left the Separatists. And stole the information we're currently trying to retrieve. That's about as far as I could retrieve from the databanks."

"That's more than enough. We'll handle the rest of it," Aliyah said. She then turned to Steele. "Bring up the image."

Steele nodded as he switched the table to display the image of the facility the Bad Batch obtained from their last raid. "Wolffe and I scoured the metadata earlier this morning. Turns out, this building is where the Separatists are currently hiding out. Dug a little further and we now got the coordinates to this place. It's on the planet literally next door to us."

The batch took the reveal with surprise and a hint of satisfaction. They were here for 2 days, and already, they managed to help find the hideout. It's a new record for them.

"However before we launch a full-scale attack, I want to make sure this facility is absolutely legitimate," Plo explained.

Hunter knew what was coming next. "So you're gonna send us in to check it out?"

"Not quite," Wolffe answered for Plo. "You're gonna be sent in. But Steele and I will be coming along. Can't have a repeat of what happened last time."

The batch members looked at each other. None of them said a word—out of consideration for Crosshair, who hasn't made eye contact with Steele since this meeting began.

Finally, Hunter shrugged and answered, "I guess we kinda had it coming. But it shouldn't be a problem. Compromise requires giving in a little after all."

~ O O O ~

The entire base was silent as the Bad Batch boarded their ship with the commanders. They still haven't entirely forgiven them for what happened yesterday but were willing to give them a second chance.

The ride to the Separatist hideout was long and awkward. Mainly due to the tension between Crosshair and Steele.

"Think we'll meet a lot of adversaries?" Hunter asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"We'll see once we get there," Steele answered.

Crosshair remained silent. Either because he doesn't want to speak or his jaw prevents him to speak.

Hunter was about to find out. "Crosshair, you can still shoot straight, right?"

Crosshair turned his head to Hunter. Looked at him with a dead-pan expression. And nodded once. The tension got tighter.

Wolffe internally sighed. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to accompany them. Oh well, too late now.

~ O O O ~

Plo and Aliyah were in midst of a call with the Council and the Chancellor. Informing them of the discovery of Senator Kerch Kushi, and attempting to pry for anything related to this guy. But as usual, the Chancellor refused to let up.

"Senator Kushi was never largely involved in any major campaigns. Thus, we never had to closely monitor his actions."

"But his actions were still monitored, correct?" Plo asked.