Peace-talk pt1 (Interlude)

Peace is such a fragile thing

Tensions have risen on Orto Plutonia once again. This time, the Jedi have spared Aliyah to go there and help the Pantarons settle this issue with the Talz. After all, she won't be deployed anywhere large with her commander currently sick.

As Aliyah prepared to board the destroyer, she was stopped by someone calling her name.

"Aliyah?" Ahsoka appeared behind her.

"Hm?" Aliyah turned around "Oh hey, kiddo. What are you doing here?"

"I've been assigned to go with you to Orto Plutonia."

Aliyah's smile stuck on her face. "What?"

"I'm to be under your guidance during this mission. Or so that's what Master Plo said to me." Ahsoka revealed.

A couple of hours ago...

"Ahsoka, I'm assigning you to go with Aliyah," Plo revealed to a very confused Ahsoka.

"Ok. But why?" She asked.

"It's occurred to me that she's been actively avoiding the search for a Padawan. You're to act as her apprentice on Orto Plutonia. Perhaps then, she'll finally realize it's not so bad being a teacher."

"I see." Ahsoka understood but was still a bit concerned. "Are you sure she won't hate you for this?"

"No. Because it's you." Plo said with utmost confidence. "Help her wherever you can. But try to do it from a student's perspective. And call her out if she's letting you do whatever you want. Because that's not teaching."

'Then I guess Anakin hasn't been doing a lot of teaching'. Ahsoka chuckled. "Sure thing, Master Plo."

Aliyah couldn't believe Plo did this. No doubt he made Ahsoka go with her to let her know what it's like to have a Padawan. Well, it could've been worse.

He could've stuck her with an actual youngling. At least Ahsoka's perfectly capable of looking after herself.

"Well, then. I guess you'll be learning from me in this mission." Aliyah said unsurely. "Please bear with me, I never taught before. So I apologise in advance if I don't do things the way Skywalker does."

Ahsoka shrugged and smiled. "Don't worry. Anakin's a bit of a wildcard for a teacher. You don't need him as an example."

Ouch. Aliyah thought.

~~~

The Republic destroyer soon reached the snow-covered world. Aliyah and Ashoka left the warmth of the ship to meet Senator Riyo Chuchi and Chairman Baron Papanoida on the surface.

"General Korentayer, thank you for coming to our assistance," Senator Chuchi greeted.

"Just doing my duty, milady," Aliyah replied.

Senator Chuchi nodded. Then she caught sight of Ahsoka standing next to Aliyah. "Padawan Tano, it's good to see you again!"

"Oh? You two are acquainted with each other?" Aliyah asked.

"Let's just say we've been through some 'fun' experiences together," Ahsoka went for the compromise.

Chuchi chuckled. "Yes, that was quite the experience. What a coincidence that we'd be going through another one together."

"Not quite this time," Ahsoka corrected. "Master Korentayer's the one in charge."

Aliyah nearly choked on her own spit. Master!? That sounded even more foreign than 'general' when she got knighted.